pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 11:55:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Other CompTIA certifications
| | |-+  CTT+ Exam Query
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: CTT+ Exam Query  (Read 13928 times)
TekGal
Tech Teacher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2003, 12:07:00 PM »

Supertech and 4tech - thanks for your input and advice.  I appreciate it.  I'm sure the waiting must be really rough.  Tell your wife "good luck", ST.   I'm sure with 13 years experience it was a breeze.  Smiley  I have five years in and feel very comfortable with the idea of being video taped.

I'm wondering if there is a time limit on when you produce the video and send it in.  I'm thinking I will do it later in May, but take the other exam FIRST, then send in the video.  But I've gotta take this summer off, so am thinking of tackling the written exam this fall.

I've already thought of what curriculum I'm going to use - I have a great lesson on creating a greeting card using Microsoft Word.  I know the seniors haven't done it.  What do you guys think?  Would that be appropriate?  Is it technical enough?

Thanks.  Smiley

"It's All About the Pentiums, Baby!"

The only ones who fail are those who do not try.
Supertech
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2003, 12:56:18 PM »

Sounds great.  90 days to sumbit your tape after test, by the way.

4tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2003, 01:31:49 PM »

Yes, that sounds like a very good subject, TekGal. Do a search on google for help matter.

Supertech, didn't know about the time-limit to send in the video. Mine was a week (couldn't wait)
Smiley .

and I'm still waiting ..............

Worst than watching water boil.
dlj189

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2003, 02:55:31 PM »

4Tech-

Did you get your results yet?

Dee

My Occupation is: Freelance Computer Tutoring/Training, Administrative & Technical Support Services
My Education is: Assoc degree in Fine Arts
4tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2003, 08:06:42 PM »

Hi,
  Been very busy (good thing). An update,
yes, I did pass the Video.
Good luck to anyone willing to study for the CTT+.
dlj189

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 12:20:39 PM »

The recent changes by CompTIA in the format of the criteria for both the CTT knowledge test and the video test are making it harder to feel confident when preparing for either test.
The drop in reference to the ibstpi book is a big problem. And the lack of a replacement reference makes it worse.

However, I have been informed by a reliable source that the ibstpi book is still the best reference for CTT prep so I am still relying on it. At this point, It's all I've got.

It will likely be years before a replacement reference is cited, if at all. I have been informed by a reliable source that the ibstpi book is not referenced anymore due to CompTIA's desire not to pay royalites to ibstpi to cite it. Business is business I guess. I was angry about this at first but I am getting OK with it now.
Good luck.

My Occupation is: Freelance Computer Tutoring/Training, Administrative & Technical Support Services
PravinRampaul

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 04:32:22 PM »

Supertech

2003-03-28, 10:56 am
   Sounds great. 90 days to sumbit your tape after test, by the way.
--------------------------------------------

Hi supertech

I took my written a long time ago about 4 months, I just havent gotten round to filling out the paperwork. I was shocked to see this , where in the new revised CTT+ manual does it state this.

The only time stipulations are regarding unsubmitted documents and failed exams i.e. 90 days and 30 days respectively

Iam now worried so if you could reply with supporting evidence I would greatly appreciate it.

COMPTIA also have a ban on re taking the ctt+ written after successfully completing it. 12 months Sad

Pravin
Supertech
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2005, 05:48:07 PM »

Pravin,

That's a pretty old post and may only apply to the old 2001 objectives.  That was back when my ex took the exam. Your best bet is to contact CompTIA directly to find out the real scoop.

PravinRampaul

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2005, 09:43:04 PM »

Will do, thanks for the quick reply.
dlj189

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 02:16:19 PM »

Ok the original post for this thread was a s follows but this discussion has evolved into a discussion of many other facets. all valid questions of course but I'm lost as to what topic we are on now.

CTT+ Exam Query
Hello all Im new to this forum but come with a question to all that have already passed the written exam of CTT+ and my question is that in the exam itself does any of the question have to be checked with more than one answer, my question comes because im doing the FKA simulator and all questions have one answer but i just bought another software to enhance and this one has question of one answer and multiple answer and now im a bit confused can anyone help me out , im trying for my exam next week wednesday, already got the video ready just have to do the exam, apreaciating all help , sincerelly Sagitario from Panama City, Panama!!!

In reading the entire thread I see replies to this questions as well as follow up questions regarding retakes, time between test and video, reference materials, etc. some of the replies are based on the old rules and some are based on the new rules. For people reading this now, please keep in mind the date of the post.

Here is what I know about criteria for new test in based on my knowledge test taken in March 2004 (new rules) and my video prep effort in 2005 (new rules). Yes I've been busy and still have not submitted my video yet.

Type of test Questions-
I took the new test and as I recall there were multiple answers possible but if they did have multiple answer it was stated in the question that multiple answers were possible. Test day was such a blur. I thought my head would explode. It was a brutal, mind bending exercise. And when I passed I fell out of my chair and then danced my way out of the testing room and was greeted on the other side by ovation from the test center staff. I was the first person to actually pass the new test at their facility.

About Retakes-
The current CompTIA CTT states on page 29 of the Oct 2004 version of the handbook the following.
IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE FAILS A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST -
RETAKE POLICY: In the event that a candidate fails his or her first (1st) attempt to pass any
CompTIA certification test, CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and
second (2nd) attempt to pass the same CompTIA certification test. However, before any candidate‘«÷s
third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass any CompTIA certification test, such candidate
shall be required to wait a period of at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of such candidate‘«÷s
last attempt to pass such test.
IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE PASSES A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST -
RETAKE POLICY: In the event that any candidate passes any CompTIA certification test, such
candidate shall be required to wait for a period of twelve (12) calendar months before retaking the
same CompTIA certification test, unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test.

About length of time between knowledge test and video and retakes.
On page 18 of Oct 2004 handbook it states:
What if the candidate fails the video assessment?
Certification candidates who are unsuccessful in completing the performance requirement can attempt
the performance exam again. A candidate‘«÷s CBT will remain valid so long as the exam content/objectives
do not change. Submission requirements for video skills assessment retests are the same as for first time
submissions.

I also called to ask about this timeframe between test and video submission  and was told the same. As long as the objectives for the written test do not change before you submit your video (they had not change in over 10 years before CompTIA took it over so chances are good they are not going to change anytime soon) you can take all the time you want to submit the video.

Study materials-
ibstpi book is not a  stated reference anymore but I still think it is proper reference material. It helped me pass the knowledge test. Until somebody writes a book using the new outline as a base, it's all we have. I have discussed this decrepency with CompTIA and although they are not formally stating it as a reference anymore, it just makes sense to me that it is still a valid reference tool, especially when there is nothing stated to replace it.

Hope that clears up a few things for people reading this thread in 2005.

dlj189

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2005, 02:24:57 PM »

Ok the original post for this thread was a s follows but this discussion has evolved into a discussion of many other facets. all valid questions of course but I'm lost as to what topic we are on now.

CTT+ Exam Query
Hello all Im new to this forum but come with a question to all that have already passed the written exam of CTT+ and my question is that in the exam itself does any of the question have to be checked with more than one answer, my question comes because im doing the FKA simulator and all questions have one answer but i just bought another software to enhance and this one has question of one answer and multiple answer and now im a bit confused can anyone help me out , im trying for my exam next week wednesday, already got the video ready just have to do the exam, apreaciating all help , sincerelly Sagitario from Panama City, Panama!!!

In reading the entire thread I see replies to this questions as well as follow up questions regarding retakes, time between test and video, reference materials, etc. some of the replies are based on the old rules and some are based on the new rules. For people reading this now, please keep in mind the date of the post.

Here is what I know about criteria for new test in based on my knowledge test taken in March 2004 (new rules) and my video prep effort in 2005 (new rules). Yes I've been busy and still have not submitted my video yet.

Type of test Questions-
I took the new test and as I recall there were multiple answers possible but if they did have multiple answer it was stated in the question that multiple answers were possible. Test day was such a blur. I thought my head would explode. It was a brutal, mind bending exercise. And when I passed I fell out of my chair and then danced my way out of the testing room and was greeted on the other side by ovation from the test center staff. I was the first person to actually pass the new test at their facility.

About Retakes-
The current CompTIA CTT states on page 29 of the Oct 2004 version of the handbook the following.
IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE FAILS A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST -
RETAKE POLICY: In the event that a candidate fails his or her first (1st) attempt to pass any
CompTIA certification test, CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and
second (2nd) attempt to pass the same CompTIA certification test. However, before any candidate‘«÷s
third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass any CompTIA certification test, such candidate
shall be required to wait a period of at least thirty (30) calendar days from the date of such candidate‘«÷s
last attempt to pass such test.
IN THE EVENT THAT A CANDIDATE PASSES A COMPTIA CERTIFICATION TEST -
RETAKE POLICY: In the event that any candidate passes any CompTIA certification test, such
candidate shall be required to wait for a period of twelve (12) calendar months before retaking the
same CompTIA certification test, unless CompTIA has changed the test objectives for such test.

About length of time between knowledge test and video and retakes.
On page 18 of Oct 2004 handbook it states:
What if the candidate fails the video assessment?
Certification candidates who are unsuccessful in completing the performance requirement can attempt
the performance exam again. A candidate‘«÷s CBT will remain valid so long as the exam content/objectives
do not change. Submission requirements for video skills assessment retests are the same as for first time
submissions.

I also called to ask about this timeframe between test and video submission  and was told the same. As long as the objectives for the written test do not change before you submit your video (they had not change in over 10 years before CompTIA took it over so chances are good they are not going to change anytime soon) you can take all the time you want to submit the video.

Study materials-
ibstpi book is not a  stated reference anymore but I still think it is proper reference material. It helped me pass the knowledge test. Until somebody writes a book using the new outline as a base, it's all we have. I have discussed this decrepency with CompTIA and although they are not formally stating it as a reference anymore, it just makes sense to me that it is still a valid reference tool, especially when there is nothing stated to replace it.

Hope that clears up a few things for people reading this thread in 2005.

jegesmaci

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2005, 07:40:44 AM »

Does anyone know where I can get the ibstpi book?

I am just getting started and I am looking for reference materials.

Thanks,

Adam
dlj189

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2005, 02:46:44 PM »

ISBN 881326-03-9
Library of Congress Catcard # 92-83895

This is the book I used and passed. I got it from CompTIA before they decided not to cite it anymore.

I was not able to find anywhere to buy it today but more research on your part might net some results. I saw another book on the ibstpi website that appeared to contain reference to the competencies but with more sections than the original book. Might be even better than the book I used. However, since CompTIA does not cite ibstpi books anymore it's a gamble as to whether it is currently the best training material for the test.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: