pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 07:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  CompTIA
| |-+  Other CompTIA certifications
| | |-+  CTT+ Exam Query
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: CTT+ Exam Query  (Read 13923 times)
sagitario

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2003, 10:49:42 PM »

Hello all Im new to this forum but come with a question to all that have already passed the written exam of CTT+ and my question is that in the exam itself does any of the question have to be checked with more than one answer, my question comes because im doing the FKA simulator and all questions have one answer but i just bought another software to enhance and this one has question of one answer and multiple answer and now im a bit confused can anyone help me out , im triying for my exam next week wednesday, already got the video ready just have to do the exam, apreaciating all help , sincerelly Sagitario from Panama City, Panama!!!
Supertech
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 12:46:36 AM »

My wife just passed the written exam and she had the same concern.  She reported that there were NO questions with multiple answers on her exam.

HTH

sagitario

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 02:47:09 PM »

Thank you very much Supertech
siersema

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 09:33:59 AM »

Hi,
I too am interested in this certification.  I was wondering what good resources there are for both parts of the test?
4tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 11:57:39 AM »

Our company is making this cert as a requirement. I'm looking into
"Advanced Teknowlogy Professionals" and the Boson Practice exams.
Anyone with reports on these two to use for studying, or anything else?

Thanks
timmyq45

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 09:44:26 PM »

I took the class from Advanced Tecknowledgey Professionals and it was a tremendous help.  From what I understand the book has some of the same materials that helped me pass.

The hard part for me was the video, which was where the class helped alot.  Good luck!

Idealism untempered by realism often does little to improve the world  - Niccolo Machiavelli
4tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 07:44:42 AM »

Just completed the class this weekend, given by Advanced Teknowlogy Professionals.
WOW! Even with my many years as a Company Technical Instructor, it sure taught me a thing or two, or three . Now with the video out of the way, I can now home in and study for the written exam. Even ordered Robin's book from Amazon.
timmyq45

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2003, 10:05:54 AM »

I to;d you it was extremely helpful!!  Glad you enjoyed it!

Idealism untempered by realism often does little to improve the world  - Niccolo Machiavelli
4tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2003, 04:58:27 PM »

Hi,
  A little update for timmyq45 and others. Scheduled the exam this saturday, and PASSED!
Now, I have to wait abit on CompTIA for their records to be updated, before I can obtain the required CompTIA ID number for the video. Tried a couple of times, but it's only an hour after the exam :-), so maybe sometime next week.
Great feeling, after an hour and fifteen minutes.
timmyq45

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2003, 12:25:53 PM »

4tech,

Glad to hear it!  Told you that Robin knew his stuff.  Of course I know him fairly well and he lives out here in the Bay Area.  I see you live on the Island.  I grew up in Little Italy.  Good luck!

TekGal
Tech Teacher

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2003, 07:55:52 AM »

Hi everyone:

Can I pipe in here and ask a question (or two)? Wink

I'm wondering about the video.  What kinds of material did you all present when demonstrating?  How many learners did you have in the class?  How much experience teaching did you have prior to making the video?

I currently teach kindergarteners through 8th graders at my school.  Do you know if 14-year olds would be "appropriate" learners for the video demonstration?  Or should I round up some juniors and seniors for this project?

I appreciate all your advice.  Thanks.

"It's All About the Pentiums, Baby!"

The only ones who fail are those who do not try.
darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2003, 09:10:53 AM »

Not real familiar with CCT+, but I think you present an interesting question.  I would have just assumed an adult class, however technology certainly is taught to all ages.  Really, I wouldn't think it would matter, and I bet CompTIA probably gets mostly adult training in the video submissions, so seeing a CTT+ candidate teaching youngsters would probably be very interesting.  I'm sure most all the CTT+ techniques would still apply.
Supertech
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2003, 09:50:24 AM »

Originally posted by TekGal
Hi everyone:

I'm wondering about the video.  What kinds of material did you all present when demonstrating?  How many learners did you have in the class?  How much experience teaching did you have prior to making the video?

I currently teach kindergarteners through 8th graders at my school.  Do you know if 14-year olds would be "appropriate" learners for the video demonstration?  Or should I round up some juniors and seniors for this project?

I appreciate all your advice.  Thanks.

Hi TekGal,

We recently finished the video for my wife's CTT+.  We purchased the sample video & istpi competencies from CompTIA so I'll attempt to answer your questions.  

Pick a lesson that you have good experience teaching so you are comfortable and well versed in in the lesson.  Pick some mature looking Jrs & Srs.  The video must have 5 students. The sample video shows lessons in several insurance applications, a Word class, how to use an engineering scale (ruler).  Pick something with a technical slant.  My wife chose "Intro to Javascripting" as her topic.  She has taught CS for 13 years.

The biggest trick with the video is to make sure you cover the necessary competencies listed.  The video submission packet lists these so I would suggest that you spend the money and get the materials from CompTIA.  Using the sample videos as a guide,  We made a very good  video.  The paperwork that goes with the video submission is kind of tedious but just take the time to get it right. We are anxiously waiting  word from CompTIA now.

HTH, keep in touch and let me know if I can help.

4tech

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2003, 12:55:07 PM »

SuperTech is right. At least five Learners. Content (subject matter) is good, but what they're looking at is your proceedures on the required competencies. CompTIA's performance videotape checklist (page 29) is a good guide (download their handbook). Since I used Advanced Teknowlogy Professionals, they have a few sample videos online for you to view. I think they now have a slightly cheaper version of their course for people that can't attend one of their classes. Even help you out with your video.
SuperTech, when did you mail it in? CompTIA received (& signed) mine on March 12th (via UPS insured). Still waiting .......
Good Luck on yours, Tekgal.
Supertech
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2003, 01:23:02 PM »

Well, first we got a letter stating that we forgot to include a copy of her drivers license (photo ID).  Sent that in.  Next we got a letter stating that the tape was damaged/defective.  Sent a new copy in by FedEX last wendsday.  The wait is killer...
I have no doubts as to my wife's teaching ability,  I just hope we made a video that satisfies CompTIA/Chauncey.

the difference between knowing the path and walking the path.Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: