pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:24:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  how easy is it
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: how easy is it  (Read 4047 times)
aiwachica

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2003, 08:32:12 PM »

How easy is the actual testing envornment?? Is it stricly montored?? What is the feel of the actual test? I would like to know since I am almost ready for my exam and I would like to know all about it. Would you also mind showing me the best sites for preperation. Thanks so much everyone!!!! Wink
salvy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 09:13:08 PM »

Hi
the test centers are ok.
If you prepare well.
 most like you will pass with no problems.
stay calm during the test.
 and also get a good night sleep.

About preparation?
get mike myers a+ book.
and of course get examdrill test software.

good luck
Smiley
Kasor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 01:06:33 AM »

Some are better than other, search for the one that you fit more comfort Smiley

Kill All Suffer 2 Reborn
aiwachica

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 09:52:10 PM »

I appreciate all your advice!!!! Smiley Thanks so much!!!!! Smiley Smiley I hope that I pass....I have to since my mom has to pay for it!!!! I will!!!!
techiegal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 11:42:55 PM »

Which exam are you doing first?  When I did A+, it had become an Adaptive exam.  But none of  my practice tests were.  I finished the exam in 15 mins and then felt sick because I had a lot longer.  I passed thank goodness but I should have taken longer on each question and relaxed more.  That's my advice, take your time and don't rush.

In the testing centre I wasn't allowed paper - I was given a plastic board and pen to use, but had to leave them behind, also got a jug of water and some mints. I was on my own in a small room  and I found it was super cold (or I was cold with fear!) and was glad that I had taken a cardigan that I could put on when I got too cold.

hope this helps.  I've only done one exam so far.

Techiegal
True Blue
luisjo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 12:24:07 AM »

read about the certifications on http://www.getcertify.com, see what you need, i like to certified in everything i know but thats a luxury i can afford, i have two engineering degrees so i make some money to do it, but if your building a carrer plan what your goals are, a+ is a good entry level cert, i could take the exam without studing because of my experience but my discipline tells me to read the books i bought for it. i sugesst to buy 2 books per cert. so you cover almost everything, go to amazon, check out the reviews. and buy the book.

Tell me what book are you using for A+, and what test software?

Good luck little friend. :cool:

Viva el Real Madrid.
Im dreaming to play guitar like Richie Sambora.
winterwolf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2003, 11:39:25 AM »

I agree with brining a sweater, my testing site is always cold.  You will be asked for 2 forms of ID, one of them photo id.  Can't take anything in with you.   Just relax and take your time.  Don't panic.  I wear earplugs when I write my tests but that's cause of the phone in the room :confused:  and I have to wear 'em at work so I am used to them.  Try not to get distracted either and make sure to use "the little girls room" before you go Smiley
sdmcse

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 12:36:52 PM »

Eat breakfast or lunch before you go. Yes take a sweater. I have found reading the question twice helps to keep me calm and I don't jump at the answers. Read the questions carefully and you will pass.
everetjo
Synergist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2003, 05:21:06 PM »

originally posted by winterwolf:
I wear earplugs when I write my tests but that's cause of the phone in the room

my testing center doesn't allow earplugs..they must think that they are listening devices.

aiwachica, my center has several rooms, many of which only house one person.  it is very cold and there is a camera right on you.  my advice is keep your hands off the mouse until you're ready to answer and say a prayer before you test.

best of luck

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once.
winterwolf

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2003, 11:45:15 AM »

Intersting, my center never blinked once when I asked about wearing my ear plugs.  Course, there is also a classroom setting right next to the testing room and the instructor is REALLY loud Sad talk about distractions.
everetjo
Synergist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2003, 12:02:26 PM »

originally posted by winterwolf
"Intersting, my center never blinked once when I asked about wearing my ear plugs. Course, there is also a classroom setting right next to the testing room and the instructor is REALLY loud  talk about distractions."

it's funny that you should say that.  yesterday i sat for the 70-210 exam in a 5'x5' room with little, or no heat, and there was a classroom next door.  i had to yell the questions to myself to stay focused.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once.
luisjo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2003, 01:12:24 AM »

The girl that runs the test center on my last exam told me that if i need anything just yell her name and she right back, ok, like an hour later i needed to go to the bathroom so i call her, you know what she did, she push a plant, living flower with leafs and everything into the test room and told me to pee there, so i got piss off, and open the window and peee to the air, that room is on the 6th floor. Can you believe everyone think it was raining. jaja.

Viva el Real Madrid.
Im dreaming to play guitar like Richie Sambora.
oddduck

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2003, 12:04:55 AM »

I wrote yet another exam today, with about 10 people I'd say.  We always get paper where I write, but we need to bring our own pens.  Half the time there are problem with network connectivity (had an exam reschedualed coz of that).  At the beginning we need to sign some wiever from view and have some ID.  Usually once everyone's started it's pretty quite, I write after classes are over at my college.  You really should pee before you go, about twenty times.  And for those exam that are like 3 hours, eat something.  I usually try to sneek in some gum with me.  You gotta sleep alot the night before, DO NOT STAY UP STUDYING.  It's a horrible idea, you probally won't learn anything, 8 hours of sleep with make your brain work better.  I always seem to talk quietly to myself.  The paper is nice for like pictures, like drawing things that are easier to visualize.  Hum, I think that's about all the hints I have right now,

Marianne/oddduck
anaconda

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 12:35:44 AM »

one place they made me take off my watch.  They give you earplugs because of airplanes landing around but I can't wear them because my earholes are too small.  (Virgin ears) so I brought big muff type headphones.  They took apart to make sure no radios in it but let me use it. I got to use pencil & paper that they gave me to scribble

Then this other place they don't have any security at all they don't watch you and if there were cameras I sure couldn't spot them. Paper & pencil not permitted any more, it's now a dry erase board and a pen that may or may not work, I bring my own now and they usually let me use them.  Not gonna tell y'all where this place is but for most of you it would be quite a trip.  Cheesy

Never have had any connectivity problems.

Most places allow you water bottle.
aiwachica

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2003, 09:48:01 AM »

I passed my core!!!!! needed 596 to pass and I got 790!!!!!! all I need to worry about is my OS!!!!!! oh yeah!!!!!! Wink this was a piece of cake!!!!!!:) Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: