pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:18:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-214
| | | |-+  Yipee!!! Passed 71-214 Beta!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Yipee!!! Passed 71-214 Beta!!!  (Read 3272 times)
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2003, 04:41:04 PM »

Hey, great to hear from you!!! I guess it's better to be busy than not at all, these days. Yep, with both of those exams set to retire, it's a safe bet that they won't carry over that far. Heck, I'm studying for Exchange 2000 right now and have read recently that it won't run on Windows 2003, because of security contexts.
cm2gj
www.cm2gj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2003, 08:50:45 AM »

Hello Jeff.

Before anything, congratulations to pass the  71-214 hard exam. i heard this exam is very very tough and you say this exam have 90 questions!!!!!! waooooooooooooooooooooooo......... amazing.............. definitely MS wants to kill all paper mcse outhere! this are good news as we sincerely study for all this certs......... and we are very proud of it......

about the certs..... i have good news. Microsoft change the policy about certifications retake.

you don??t need to update your exams to remain certified. for example: in the past if you are NT4 and you don??t take 2k exams, you lost your mcse status. now is different. now you remain with mcse in NT...... the same must be achieved with mcse 2k.

maybe you don??t take the couple of exams for mcse 2003........ but you remain mcse 2k......

now mcse is a cert for life.

i have a doc explaning that and a link.......

regards
alex

Best Regards
Alex
alexisgarcia72@hotmail.com
Cuban in Mexico
www.cm2gj.com
foxmedia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2003, 10:42:25 PM »

jeff,
congratulations on the accomplishment. I am currently studying, among other things, Security+ (seems to be right up my alley...not to difficult so far.) What books, study guides, practice exams or any type of material did you use. Where can I find some of them. Not been too lucky on finding much on Security+ or 70-214. Any help appreciated.
Thank you.
Fox
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2003, 10:54:22 PM »

I can't recall where I got the wireless security info from, probably Cisco and numerous web searches.

This is from my earlier post in this forum:

I don't have any info on text books available. I prepared by:
a) Exam description from Microsoft Website.
b) Applicable course descriptions as indicated in the Exam description.
c) Step-by-step and How-to's from the Microsoft Website as indicated in the course descriptions.
d) going over 216 security protocols, certificate services and remote access topics, 217 security groups and group policy. Unfortunately, my texts for those were Examcram books, but I supplemented with a lot of web research, including rfc's that apply to security, such as 'Site Security' guide and iana port and protocol numbers.
I have some killer 802.11 wireless security notes that are applicable.

I have to say that I ran out of time to finish my course of study, but I thoroughly enjoyed the information and plan to do a lot more work in this arena. Especially in my lab.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 09:26:04 AM by jeff_j_black » Logged
foxmedia

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »

jeff,
thanks for the response. Went to Google and did some research and found some more info.
Thanks
Fox
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: