pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 12:45:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-214
| | | |-+  Yipee!!! Passed 71-214 Beta!!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Yipee!!! Passed 71-214 Beta!!!  (Read 3270 times)
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2003, 11:37:05 AM »

I have been checking my MCP transcript on the secured site, every so often. Today, I got the news!!!

The beta was a toughie, not from the content standpoint, but 90 questions!!!

All in all, brush up on wireless security topics, make sure you know how to manage certificate services, know your ip security protocols, a little bit of group policy, security groups, file/folder security, encryption, IIS, RRAS.
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2003, 07:50:52 PM »

Way to go buddy!

Bet it felt great to see you passed this one, what a great achievement there for you.

Jeff AKA Freak Mk 2!

:p

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2003, 07:56:12 PM »

Yeah, it's kinda tough to have to wait 2 and a half months to get your pass/fail report. But what the heck the exam was free!!!
me? I dunno...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2003, 03:18:50 AM »

Hey, Congratulations!!!

RJ

The secret to a successful life is learning what to least expect the most...

http://www.cbc.ca/
http://www.vancouver.cbc.ca/
http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage/
http://www.cnn.com/
RUSH2112
Certified Test Taker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2003, 06:51:18 PM »

Originally posted by jeff_j_black
I have been checking my MCP transcript on the secured site, every so often. Today, I got the news!!!

The beta was a toughie, not from the content standpoint, but 90 questions!!!

All in all, brush up on wireless security topics, make sure you know how to manage certificate services, know your ip security protocols, a little bit of group policy, security groups, file/folder security, encryption, IIS, RRAS.

WTG Jeff.  I registered to take this BETA exam back in October, but I skipped it cause my 70-216 exam was 2 days later.  I didn't want to fill my head with security crap when I was killing myself to finalize my preperations for the BEAST.  It payed off and I killed the bugger.  I might look into the security stuff later on, but for now it's on to XP professional and .NET 2003 Server.  Good luck with your future exams

"Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies, but most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be.  Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it,  for you the blind who once could see,  the bell tolls for thee...."     Losin' It
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2003, 07:24:46 PM »

Rush, long time no hear! How are things? hope everything is well with you.

I think Jeff and are are undecided when to take Exchange 2000.

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2003, 07:45:35 PM »

RUSH...
How deep are you into XP and NET? Have you examined what the changes Microsoft has made in the MCSE certification? They have come out now and said that they are going to delineate 2000 and NET MCSE. My concern for you is that they have not listed the core and electives for the NET cert and you may want to check that the XP and NET exams will get you into MCSE 2000 or? I don't even see exam for NET 2003 listed on MS Cert-Train website? Check it out!!!
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2003, 08:01:41 PM »

Lex...
I have taken the long road at this point. I'm still working through Exchange 5.5, on an excellerated course. I figure everything I learned about 2k was with an NT background. So, since I have not had hands-on with 5.5, I thought it best to work with that for a while. I figure I'll be done with 5.5 in another week, then draw up a calendar for 2k, probably another 2 months.

My biggest handicap is I work out of town Mon-Fri and don't have access to my lab as much as I'd like. (I have been able to VPN in and do some Terminal Client sessions here and there, but I have DSL, so when my IP address changes, I'm done for the week.) My wife tends to look a little cross-eyed at me when I try to spend a couple of hours in the lab, when I should be stroking her!!!

How's it going for you?

Did you know that you can get Titanium trial for a few bucks from MS? I have ordered it, but it wont even start shipping for a few weeks.

I figure to get Exchange 2k out of the way then load up Windows 2003 and Titanium and get ready for MCSE NET, when they publish the requirements. They say the 2k MCSE will only have to take 1-2 tests to get MCSE NET, provided their electives are still up-to-date.

You are going to do CCNA after this, or have you already?
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2003, 08:17:42 PM »

Hi Jeff,

Sounds like a great way, getting to know exchange 5.5 then 2K afterwards.

Did you know that as well as dropping the .NET and calling the platform Windows 2003 that Itanium will also be known as Exchange 2003 as well!

I agree that you should be dedicating time to your dear lady instead of IT, it makes you realise why life is worth living after all.

The latest from the Microsoft team (This may change when the wind blows!) indicates that the requirements for Windows 2003 MCSE for those already W2K certified should only be a matter of a couple of exams, but expect an exam format like never before as they are determined to drastically reduce the paper MCSE's with the new format (i.e. you will have to know what you are doing from hands on using simulations as well as the obscure questions)

Well, CCNA 3.0 is well under way, I thought that last year was rough but this year will make it look like a puppy with everything I want to achieve (CCNP and Windows 2003 updates) not too bad for an old school has been who is past it huh?

Hopefully during March I should have the experience and knowledge to sit the CCNA as I want to be certain that my first exam of 2003 will be passed with flying colours.

Not forgetting Exchange 2000 as well, along with ISA server.

jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2003, 08:44:28 PM »

not too bad for an old school has been who is past it huh?

Funny, you don't look a day older than George Clooney!!!
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2003, 08:46:12 PM »

I get that a lot actually!

RUSH2112
Certified Test Taker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2003, 12:17:33 AM »

Originally posted by Sexy Lexy
Rush, long time no hear! How are things? hope everything is well with you.

I think Jeff and are are undecided when to take Exchange 2000.

Hey Lex,

I took a well deserved couple months to "hibernate" after finishing the 2000 MCSE in October  I was really busy the last month, especially with the holiday's.  Now I'm back and onto Win XP.  Take your time with Exchange,  it is not a walk in the park.  Best of luck to you.

"Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies, but most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be.  Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it,  for you the blind who once could see,  the bell tolls for thee...."     Losin' It
RUSH2112
Certified Test Taker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2003, 12:21:06 AM »

Originally posted by jeff_j_black
RUSH...
How deep are you into XP and NET? Have you examined what the changes Microsoft has made in the MCSE certification? They have come out now and said that they are going to delineate 2000 and NET MCSE. My concern for you is that they have not listed the core and electives for the NET cert and you may want to check that the XP and NET exams will get you into MCSE 2000 or? I don't even see exam for NET 2003 listed on MS Cert-Train website? Check it out!!!

Jeff,

I am kind of confused with your statement above,  can you explain better?  I know the .NET 2003 Server exam won't be ready till the fall.  I am about 1/2 way thru the XP Professional book right now.  I was not aware of any changes that has been made by M$ in the MCSE certification.  Since I hold the MCSE2000, I heard with 1 or 2 exams I could be .NET certified.  These exams would  not be the killer NT4 4hour upgrade exams, but would be like a regular M$ exam.  We'll wait and see.  Like I told Lexy,  take your time with exchange.  It is passable, but it's not like 70-218.  Smiley

jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2003, 09:41:04 AM »

Okay, cool, I forgot you got the MCSE 2k, but now that you mention it and I actually read your certifications. I was just worried for a moment. So, we'll be in the NET MCSE trck together then.
KScheler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2003, 03:27:15 PM »

Way to go, Jeff! You're just knocking those certs out left and right. As for me, I've been SO busy at work I haven't had time to take an exam. Still waiting for them to open our Prometric testing center here on campus. It's been one delay after another. I will probably take the update exams for W3k. I have this strange feeling that my electives won't carry over, Proxy 2.0 and Exchange 5.5.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: