pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 06:19:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  Exchange server 2000
| | | |-+  70-224
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-224  (Read 1296 times)
Adheer

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2003, 03:42:08 PM »

I am going to attend a course on 70-224 (1572 course title) this month. I have very little exposure to Exchange 2000. After the course I want to give the exam sometime in February. Please help me in the following points:1> Is the time sufficient? 2> Apart from the course what kind of material should I depend on.
thanx
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2003, 10:47:21 AM »

A single month-long course does not seem to make you feel comfortable with the notion of the test. It could be sufficient, depending on experience, familiarity with the exam process etc.

You are wise to seek additional materials and would be best served by going over them prior to the course. I would recommend the Microsoft Press Training Kit, Sybex looks pretty good, don't get ExamPrep or ExamCram.

I would also recommend you get the software and install, configure, operate and look at interfaces etc. You will be best served by getting hands-on. I'm sure the course will allow for some of that, but if you can use the course to answer questions that you have generated, rather than using the course to generate questions, you will get more out of it.

You can currently get Exchange 2000 for free on the Microsoft site or with the Microsoft Press Training Kit.
Adheer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2003, 04:36:22 PM »

Thanx for the reply.
I have the MS press book with cd. It recommends atleast two servers to practise the lessons. I am going to start soon. Is there any way to do most of the lessons using one computer?
I am going to work on real setup soon after taking the course. But it will be too small as compared to the capabilities of Exchange2000. Is that ok for the test preparation?
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2003, 05:22:44 PM »

I think you can get a lot of basic information to start with from one server. Obviously, sychronization and replication can't be explored. Sound like you have your eyes open to this one. Have you taken any other MS Exams?
JohnnyBeGood

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2003, 08:21:04 PM »

You really need 2 servers to test a migration from 5.5.  The test will depend on your knowledge of this and upgrading 5.5 to 2000.  The MS Press as Jeff said is fantastic for this exam.  Good luck

JohnnyB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2003, 01:39:13 PM »

Yup. Jeff,  I happened to be in this situation suddenly a few months ago. Until then I was just a programmer. Now I have good exposure to systems administration. Ofcourse I am still at the basic levels. I work with Windows 2000 advanced servers . I didn't give any exams so far. But my company wants to concentrate on Exchange first. I want to make use of this course as much as I can. If possible preapre and give the exam in the next 6months. Is the time frame realistic?
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2003, 02:01:19 PM »

More than realistic, in terms of time. I'm sure you'll probably be ready sooner. One thing I do to prevent losing my way along the path to the exam is to make a calendar for my studies. Maybe a chapter from the book every 2-3 days or more. Time scheduled for lab work, of course I play with the suff all the time as I read, but it's good to set particular goals for specific tasks or projects you want to accomplish. Then a review, practice exam period, then the exam.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: