pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 05:14:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  Tips for the 70-219 exam
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tips for the 70-219 exam  (Read 538 times)
cuaresma

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2002, 04:00:12 PM »

Here's my two cents for preparing and taking the 70-219 exam -

My impression of the Exam -
It is by no means a hard exam. It can be terribly difficult if you are unprepared for the interface and long format. Be mentally prepared to sit for the whole 4 2/3 hour test. If you have taken the 217 test, you almost have all the knowledge to pass this. All you need know is the technique.

Preparation -
Learn the 3 main basic designs for AD. One Tree, Multiple Tree, and Multiple Forest designs and know how to use them.

Learn when it is necessary to break the designs in multiple Domains or OUs. Hint - this is almost always based on account security requirements.

Learn to analyze the administrative portion of organizationa since this is what you should based your AD design on.

Take a practice exam. I used Transcender. It's great. Let a practice exam be the first time you get caught off guard with the new interface.

Read a book about how to design. I used the hard to find 70-219 for Dummies. Just reading the chapter about the various breakdown of AD structures and when to use when was worth the read. This is where you gain technique since the transcender doesn't spend too much time on it.

Use the practice exam to nail down a technique that's good for you.

Taking the Exam -
This is a long one, so remember to eat a little. Nothing is more distracting than a grumbling stomach.

This a long one. Don't eat or drink too much prior and during the test. Valuable test time can be wasted on the toilet.

Be prepared for a 5th Scenerio. I made the mistake of acing the first 3 and not taking the 4th one seriously because it was the last and I was tired. Aced the 5th one. Still passed.

READ ALL OF THE SCENERIO and take notes. Yes you can probably pass the test if you read the question first and then look at the scenerio. Except... one statement from the CEO can change a design from a multi-domain to a single forest.  Taking notes and maybe designing the AD structure will save you time from having to re-hunt the info down. Sometimes, all the pertinent information is not located on one tab.

Be confident and stick to your guns. If you have designed the most simple AD structure appropiate to the situation, then you probably have it right. Some of the questions could lead you in the right design, but trust your technique.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 70-220 is for me tomorrow and then I have my MCSE!
cm2gj
www.cm2gj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 01:18:53 AM »

thanks for the tip.
really thanks.

Best Regards
Alex
alexisgarcia72@hotmail.com
Cuban in Mexico
www.cm2gj.com
Pages: [1] Print