pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 04:02:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  War ???
Poll
Question:
Yes, Them there bastards have been asking for it - 17 (18.5%)
Yes, They are a major threat to us by possibly selling weapons to terrorists As well as being a threat to their own people and their Neighbors - 35 (38%)
No, I Hug Trees and I would like to grab my ankles while my balls wiggle out of my A$$ - 2 (2.2%)
No, There is no evidence to base the assumption that they have any weapons to sell and it isn't worth risking the lives of Americans on such an assumption. - 38 (41.3%)
Total Voters:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: War ???  (Read 27365 times)
mindmesh
Spit Fire

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2002, 02:25:46 PM »

Just wanted to get some opinions on the pending war with Iraq? Not that there isn't enough tension but I hear good opinions on both sides of the line and although I know where I stand I was wondering where everyone else stands..

I take no responsibility for the offensive nature of this post.. If you take offense I am sorry, but honestly don't give a damn. All rights reserved!!
Boulware5
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2002, 02:52:34 PM »

IMO, there are bigger threats right now such as North Korea and of course the war on terrorism.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Ben Franklin

http://www.stopfcc.com/
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2002, 03:18:25 PM »

No mercy for the "Axis of Evil".

- -- Anti Dublin Crew -- -
HOOLIGAN
Vindaloo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2002, 03:23:56 PM »

We supported Saddam for years ( even gave him Anthrax ) Now we are Enemies? Where as Saudi Arabia are are Allies even though huge funding for terrorism comes from there.??

to sum it up in one word

OIL
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2002, 03:29:59 PM »

Originally posted by HOOLIGAN
We supported Saddam for years ( even gave him Anthrax ) Now we are Enemies? Where as Saudi Arabia are are Allies even though huge funding for terrorism comes from there.??

to sum it up in one word

OIL

Two letters: bp

mindmesh
Spit Fire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2002, 03:49:43 PM »

to sum it up in one word

OIL

I don't know if I can agree with OIL.. If I recall correctly we are helping Russia drill for oil in siberia which will be cheaper then getting it from Iraq anyway. I can understand revenge for George Bush Sr. or even that he is going to sell Nukes to Osama and the whole camel crew but Oil?? I'd need more convincing..

As for Saudi Arabia, I don't like this lying with the enemy deal. I think that Pakastan, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia should be considered Hostile and treated as such. If they have a problem then we should back out of the area and let Saddam and Bin Laden have fun. Ultimately thats what they want,  one Muslim Country in the middle east.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2002, 04:02:11 PM by mindmesh » Logged

I take no responsibility for the offensive nature of this post.. If you take offense I am sorry, but honestly don't give a damn. All rights reserved!!
mindmesh
Spit Fire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2002, 03:57:08 PM »

Originally posted by Boulware5
IMO, there are bigger threats right now such as North Korea and of course the war on terrorism.

I agree North Korea is a threat but Powell, Bush, Rumsfeld, and Rice (Oh my)  seem to think that China, Japan, South Korea, and Russian can handle them because they are in range of the missles. I'd like to see Saddam gone myself but we need to make sure we go with proof.

As for the War on terror. This is related. They seem to think that Saddam is harboring Al Qeida hire up's. And if he does have WMD then it is definately a concern for us because he already pays the familys of suicide bombers. What makes anyone doubt that he wouldn't directly contribute the weapons?

HOOLIGAN
Vindaloo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2002, 04:11:41 PM »

Mindmesh, We are also looking to African nations for oil as well as Russia. This is because we have become so dependent on the Huge Reserves of Saudi Oil, a position the Government aint happy with ( and rightly so ). No one has as much reserves as Saudi, exept for Iraq, and they are producing no where near as much as Saudi. But with a new Regime in place producing more Oil keep prices nice and low.

Remember for the most past the people of Saudi dont like us, but they want our money.
thecomeons
infrequent visitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2002, 07:08:14 PM »

not only our money, but our education too.

i agree that most of the recent wars have been about oil. sure the americans sided with bin laden's lot against the ussr to butter them up over oil-piping through afghanistan Wink

i couldn't get it up until i visited examnotes.net
Ando

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2002, 07:26:21 PM »

I think the US should stand back for a minute and try and understand why all these countries seem to hate them. The US should work on their foreign policies
mindmesh
Spit Fire

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2002, 08:10:30 PM »

Originally posted by Ando
I think the US should stand back for a minute and try and understand why all these countries seem to hate them. The US should work on their foreign policies

I think stepping back would be a good Idea. But everyone outside the US hates Americans. We're lazy and complacent. And I think for the most part that‘«÷s something that this country has earned.

As far as foreign policy, no one backs down and changes their opinions due to pressure. No matter whom we back someone will hate us for it. That‘«÷s the upside of being a "Super Power".

No matter what happens we will be hated while we're on top because we'll be looked at as taking sides. I say let the Palestinians and the Israeli‘«÷s fight amongst themselves. If we weren't made to make decisions then we wouldn't. When we have to make a decision the people who make us decide don't like our decisions we were forced to make. Can't win.

ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2002, 08:10:37 PM »

Originally posted by Ando

So should the Irish.

mindmesh
Spit Fire

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2002, 08:13:34 PM »

Mindmesh, We are also looking to African nations for oil as well as Russia. This is because we have become so dependent on the Huge Reserves of Saudi Oil, a position the Government aint happy with ( and rightly so ). No one has as much reserves as Saudi, exept for Iraq, and they are producing no where near as much as Saudi. But with a new Regime in place producing more Oil keep prices nice and low.

Remember for the most past the people of Saudi dont like us, but they want our money.

Make some good points. So its about oil? I don't think thats all there is to it. I still place some amount of faith in the government ( Probably where I go wrong) but I don't want to think of us as fighting for oil.

Boulware5
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2002, 08:37:58 PM »

I think it has a lot to do about oil. I myself place a very little amount of faith in our govt.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-- Ben Franklin

http://www.stopfcc.com/
HOOLIGAN
Vindaloo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2002, 09:09:31 PM »

There are plenty of Dictators in this world need replacing. few of them have oil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: