pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:19:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  RAM is not working
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RAM is not working  (Read 1432 times)
EinsteinO'Beer

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2000, 02:25:00 PM »

I took out 4 8MB SIMMS to replace with other.
Didn't work as required RAM is proprietary to the computer vendor, which is no longer in business.  I put the old RAM back exactly as it was before.  The computer comes on.
The monitor comes on.  Nothing comes up on the screen.

Any ideas are welcome.  Hey this looks like a cool site.
itcert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2000, 09:31:00 PM »

Try reseating the RAM.  99% of the time this happens because the connections aren't made correctly.

I don't know if you're experienced or not with PCs, but if you aren't, often newbies won't push in the RAM hard enough for fear of breaking it.

One time this happend to me, and reseating just wouldn't do it.  I drove my PC over to a friend's house and when I got there it magicaly started working.  I must have knocked something in place  on the drive over.  Smiley

If none of these ideas work there's always the chance that 1 of the SIMMs was fried.  Try testing it with only 2 of them in, then the other 2.  It's unlikely that more then 1 was zapped.

Matt
CCNA, Network+, A+

Matt
CCNA, Network+, A+
EinsteinO'Beer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2000, 04:44:00 PM »

Hey, Man, Thanks!

Someone told me they think my video card just went coincidental to all this.

It was a Jaton 2 MB card.  I wonder what 4 or 8 MB card I might look for that could find its drive in Win95 available drivers and work?  I think I'm looking for a PCI card?
itcert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2000, 11:22:00 PM »

Take a look to see what your PC will take.  The older ones usually take ISA and/or PCI.  S3 is a good, cheap video card that fits your description.

Matt
CCNA, Network+, A+

[This message has been edited by itcert (edited 05-31-2000).]

Matt
CCNA, Network+, A+
itperson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2000, 04:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by EinsteinO'Beer:
I took out 4 8MB SIMMS to replace with other.
Didn't work as required RAM is proprietary to the computer vendor, which is no longer in business.  I put the old RAM back exactly as it was before.  The computer comes on.
The monitor comes on.  Nothing comes up on the screen.

Hi.I read your post and the only 2 possible solutions are:1) Take an eraser and clean the golden pins on your SIMMS and this will work most of the time.2)Are your memory the same size for all or different size?Usually its the least to biggest size starting in bank A or bank 1 on your motherboard.If they are the same for all,try to re-attach to their memory slots.

Dan
A+,MCP

Any ideas are welcome.  Hey this looks like a cool site.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: