pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:11:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  70-215
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 70-215  (Read 3895 times)
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2003, 02:09:45 PM »

Looks according to your name, you are a guy, so why are you writing in this thread anyway?
I thought everyone was free to make on-topic posts in these threads? There are only a few posters in this forum who have experience with three Microsoft certification tracks, and I  assumed posters of either sex would be interested in any tips someone with 10 one-attempt MCP certifications might be able to provide.

Sorry if I insulted you back there; that was not my intention. My advice for passing future exams would be to get a copy of the best certification guide, and set daily reading goals; once you've worked through the book(s), use any  practice exams you can get ahold until you can answer all the questions from knowledge (not from having seen the answers). You might want to try getting ahold of the Win2K Resource Kit, if you haven't already; it is invaluable. A practice network is very helpful, too, and limited-time evaluation editions of Win2K Server are available. The test machines don't have to be elaborate; I used a P133 with 128mb of RAM.

Hope that helps!

RD
techiegal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2003, 02:00:03 AM »

congrats to you msuria for passing.  How far apart did you take the exams?  I really want my MCSE but am struggling with just the 70-210.  I do alot of practice tests and sometimes I pass OK and other times I fail!  Now I can't tell if I know enough to try the real thing.

Techiegal
True Blue
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2003, 09:45:16 AM »

When you take those tests, see which topics give you trouble. Map out your errors, so to speak, and you will see what you need to study on to get those scores to go up.

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
gr33nd4yg1rl
invisible

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2003, 11:21:17 AM »

Originally posted by msuria
I guess the third time was the right time for me to pass! I did and I feel so great about it. I know there are probably harder ones before me, but I will pass them all! And for future reference, if you don't know what to say (you know who you are) don't say  anything at all.

Congratulations to you!
Excellent work :cool:

If you live to be 100, I want to live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you.
-Winnie the Pooh-
techiegal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2003, 08:30:04 PM »

thanks Freak,
that's a good tip.  I'll check it out next time.  I guess I normally just keep doing endless tests without evaluating them.

Techiegal
True Blue
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2003, 09:10:36 PM »

I would recommend the Transcender practice exams, as often (not always) they closely simulate the difficulty of the real ones, and they list the areas of the official documentation that the questions are based on. If you get a question wrong, you can look into those areas and fill any gaps you might have.

Also, there are study guide packages offered by Microsoft and others that can be very helpful, as well. You would be well-advised to get ahold of one of those, if you haven't already, and read the one for each subject thoroughly before going on to the practice exams. Few people work with every area tested on the exams, and as a result have gaps in their knowledge.

As a final suggestion, you should try and get your study effort for each exam done as quickly as possible; if you let things drag out over months, you may find yourself forgetting material (been there, done that).

Without a proper study strategy for these exams, even pros can find themselves floundering and failing multiple times. With one, you can move through them relatively quickly. I was never a network pro, and knew next to nothing about Windows 2000 Pro or Server, and yet I earned my MCSE Win2K (and an MCDBA SQL Server 2000) in 3 months. It can be done!

Hope that helps.

RD
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2003, 09:41:46 AM »

Originally posted by techiegal
thanks Freak,
that's a good tip.  I'll check it out next time.  I guess I normally just keep doing endless tests without evaluating them.

You're welcome. I like to work faster, and smarter -- not necessarily harder Smiley

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: