pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 09:17:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  70-215
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 70-215  (Read 3900 times)
msuria

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2002, 11:54:41 AM »

I am a MCSE, however, I cannot seem to pass this exam! I will be taking it again in Dec for the 3rd time. I don't know how well I am doing b/c it never tells me, it just says FAILED. That really, REALLY ticks me off, but what can I do about it? ANyway, I have to pass the exam, and I have to pass all 6 I have left, but it is really tough for me and I know some of you can offer some encouragement.
Thanks!:confused:
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 01:54:56 AM »

Hmm...I found that one to be the easiest of the 7; it gets harder from that point on.

I don't know what to suggest.

RD
buckwheat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 03:46:00 AM »

I found it to be a fair exam; it wasn't easy and it wasn't that difficult either. The way I prepared was through lots of hands-on practice using the software. If you don't have it at work then set up a 2K home network and play with the product until you're very familiar with the various consoles and functions.You should have practiced enough times where you can perform a function in your dreams.

I used the W2K server res kit and read the sections pertinent to the  exam objectives (or use MS's online server res kit). I also used Sybex study guide. Last I did lots of practice exams with Transcender prior to the real one. I find Transcender for the 215 exam to be a very useful study guide.

I know the exam's pass/fail result doesn't help identify your areas of weaknesses. However, using practice exams like Transcender can help you identify areas you need further study on .

Just study harder and stay focus on passing that test. You know you can do it. Good luck on your next attempt.

"Lord help me, I'm just not that bright." --Homer Simpson
leatharose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 02:31:05 AM »

I am not sure if this will help you any or not.  

I have had one test that "GOT" me.  From what I hear it was not that hard of a test either.  

I temporaily "Gave Up."  I went on knocked some other tests out of the way.  Then I went back and NAILED IT.  

To be honest to date that is the exam I am the most "Proud of"  Because I did not Let it beat me.

Good luck
msuria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2002, 10:56:01 AM »

I guess the third time was the right time for me to pass! I did and I feel so great about it. I know there are probably harder ones before me, but I will pass them all! And for future reference, if you don't know what to say (you know who you are) don't say  anything at all.
msuria

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2002, 11:00:01 AM »

sorry, on my first post, I noticed my mistake of saying I am a MCSE. I am only a MCP. Please excuse my mistake,thanks!
leatharose

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2002, 11:04:10 AM »

I am so glad that you passed.

Like I said if that is the one that gives you the most problem then that will be the one that you are most proud of passing.  

For me that is Proxy.  I passed everything else first try.  That one took me forever!!!

Jennifer
leatharose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 11:06:32 AM »

Ohh forgot to add....

I have known of others that get bogged down on an "Easy" test and then come through the "harder" ones with ease.

It all depends on what are YOUR Strengths and YOur Weaknesses.  

To me one is finding a false sense of security to a test others deem "Easy."

Those "easy" test I have more trouble on then the "Hard" tests.

Jennifer
taichifi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2003, 08:26:23 AM »

Originally posted by buckwheat
I found it to be a fair exam; it wasn't easy and it wasn't that difficult either. The way I prepared was through lots of hands-on practice using the software. If you don't have it at work then set up a 2K home network and play with the product until you're very familiar with the various consoles and functions.You should have practiced enough times where you can perform a function in your dreams.

I used the W2K server res kit and read the sections pertinent to the  exam objectives (or use MS's online server res kit). I also used Sybex study guide. Last I did lots of practice exams with Transcender prior to the real one. I find Transcender for the 215 exam to be a very useful study guide.

Just study harder and stay focus on passing that test. You know you can do it. Good luck on your next attempt.

Yes this is very good advice. I also used the transenders and set up a few computers with the software. I could not say that its a easy exam as I dont think thats fair on anyone. We all learn at differant paces. And win2000 is very tricky sometimes. They actually make it harder sometimes in the books than actually doing it hands on.

Best of luck. 3 time lucky.

fifiWink
taichifi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2003, 08:29:54 AM »

Originally posted by leatharose
Ohh forgot to add....

I have known of others that get bogged down on an "Easy" test and then come through the "harder" ones with ease.

It all depends on what are YOUR Strengths and YOur Weaknesses.  

To me one is finding a false sense of security to a test others deem "Easy."

Those "easy" test I have more trouble on then the "Hard" tests.

Jennifer

I totally agreed with you. What do people mean when they say EASY TESTS, gosh the books I had to go through to pass the 215 were unbelieveable.  I would love them to be easy and then I can get rid of the bags under my eyes and the lovly fresh skin I used to have before all this studying and test taking.

fifiWink
taichifi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2003, 08:33:51 AM »

Originally posted by msuria
I guess the third time was the right time for me to pass! I did and I feel so great about it. I know there are probably harder ones before me, but I will pass them all! And for future reference, if you don't know what to say (you know who you are) don't say  anything at all.

Congratulations, Good on you. You must be so happy with your self, there not easy and when you pass your on top of the world.

Contratrate on one exam at a time and never mind about peoples comments on how easy or hard they are. You be fine.

One at a time.

fifiWink
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2003, 10:19:07 AM »

1. I am not a woman, but i thought I would answer anyway Smiley
2. There is no such thing as an easy test
3. Congrats on the pass, and congrats on displaying the right attitude, which is to not give up and be determined to succeed.
4. I thought you were an MCSE 4.0 Smiley
5. Ask your special someone to take you out to a great dinner and give you a voluptuous foot rub for accomplishing your goal. Their support should be there for you.
6. I wish more students would have your resolve and your success Smiley

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2003, 01:26:18 PM »

There is no such thing as an easy test
Some are harder than others, and that wasn't one of them (at least the one I took, maybe they've changed it).

I wish more students would have your resolve and your success
I passed 10 (ten) MCP exams within a six-month period (and didn't fail any), earning three "premium" certifications; that's "resolve" and "success" in my book. :p  

I only hope I can continue this "resolve" and "success" with this degree program. So far, so good. Cheesy

RD
msuria

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2003, 01:32:55 PM »

Looks according to your name, you are a guy, so why are you writing in this thread anyway? The conversation involves women and their career paths. Are you a woman??
msuria

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2003, 01:37:06 PM »

thank you, Freak, actually, the last time I passed, my hubby went and bought me a great perfume called Happy. This time, we just had a nice date, anything I wanted to do and I had one of the best days of my life just "bathing in the rays" of my accomplishment.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: