pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 08:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-214
| | | |-+  Let's start up this new forum
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Let's start up this new forum  (Read 2586 times)
Webmaster
Founder of ExamNotes
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2002, 08:36:35 PM »

Welcome to the new forum for the 70-214 exam.

Let's get this forum started. Please post your questions and comments for the new 70-214 exam.

Let's go!

Webmaster of this site and of
Cert21.com - no other practice exams get any closer to the real thing.
CertPortal.com - IT certification search engine.
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+
Pavlov
Old Timer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 09:12:00 PM »

And let's let Jeff_J_Black moderate it Cheesy

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.
---------------------------------------
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Smokeey13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 05:45:04 AM »

Yeah.. Anyone who has taken this exam.. speak up and say something about what to look out for... I am studying all kinds of things that are related to Microsoft security.. but that topic is so BROAD it is hard to know what to drill down on specifically... I am all ears.

Today's Market is really tough.. Never stop learning.. There is ALWAYS someone better than you.
foxmedia

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2002, 10:56:29 AM »

What books are available from MS on this test and when will it be a ready or is it ready to take.
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2002, 02:02:29 PM »

I don't have any info on text books available. I prepared by:
a) Exam description from Microsoft Website.
b) Applicable course descriptions as indicated in the Exam description.
c) Step-by-step and How-to's from the Microsoft Website as indicated in the course descriptions.
d) going over 216 security protocols, certificate services and remote access topics, 217 security groups and group policy. Unfortunately, my texts for those were Examcram books, but I supplemented with a lot of web research, including rfc's that apply to security, such as 'Site Security' guide and iana port and protocol numbers.
I have some killer 802.11 wireless security notes that are applicable.

I have to say that I ran out of time to finish my cousre of study, but I thoroughly enjoyed the information and plan to do a lot more work in this arena. Especially in my lab.

I hope that I passed the beta and I hope I set the bar up high enough for the rest of you!
foxmedia

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2002, 10:45:45 PM »

Found it. Will publish Feb ,03

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/073561878X/qid%3D1035073410/sr%3D11-/102-8394189-9519331
Smokeey13

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2002, 03:11:04 AM »

I saw that on there a while ago... It would be nice if there was some kind of book for the "here" and the "now".. during this beta testing period.

Today's Market is really tough.. Never stop learning.. There is ALWAYS someone better than you.
cross36
Call me Cris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 03:32:26 PM »

It will be publish Feb 2003. Exam is launch this December.
Pretty savvy of Microsoft just like when the 218 exam was launched

Riding the endless light of fortunes...

http://www.darkroads.com
Smokeey13

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2002, 09:12:56 PM »

Well.. OUCH!

For starters.. this exam is not as hard as I had once thought it as going to be. I had been thinking to myself this whole time that this exam was going to be like nothing I had ever seen before. In some ways it was different.. but NOTHING obscure as most had described. It was long... and the time was a very intimidating factor... I finished the test with 3:23 on the clock.. that was the closest I have ever been to not finishing a Microsoft Exam.

I have to say as well that you had better know your CERTIFICATES.. for this exam.. I swear about 40% of the questions I got my exam related to certificates. A lot of IPSEC, and GPO placement... and Event viewer, DMZ configuration, and IIS questions here and there. HFNETCHK... Qchain... QFECHECK... Service Pack Deployment... MBSA... UrlScan... Rather beefy exam.

If you are already Windows 2000 MCSE.. there is just about no reason to *FEAR* this exam. If you are confident that you know your stuff on the subjects that I just mentioned.. you should feel right at home. This is a good test.. Right up there with Infrastructure in the realm of complexity because of the many different things they throw at you in the same exam.

P.S.   Hope me and everyone else passed Smiley

jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2002, 09:57:33 PM »

Hope you and me did as well...
valalves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2002, 12:13:12 AM »

Hey Smookey13,

You said that you hope you and other passed! How do we get to know the results?

Listen to this guys: The last day to register for the exam was Oct 17th, right? Ok. MS send me the invitation on the 18th! After a reply e-mail that I sent to them, like "Gee, thanks MS, that was very helpful", they write back to me last Tuesday saying that I could take until Friday! Isn't that something?! Well, to summarize, I had to brush the Design book (a 40-hour class) in 2 days so that I could take it.

Anyways.....wish me luck!

A+, Network+
MCP, MCP+I, MCSE(NT4 & 2000), MCSA, MCT.
"IT'S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT,...
...BUT IT'S MORE IMPORTANT TO BE NICE."
Smokeey13

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2002, 05:25:46 PM »

Well..

Since it was a Beta Exam.. you will not know wether you passed or failed until 8 weeks down the road.

I had only known that they extended the test dates by calling the testing center and they told me that they are accepting dates till the 24th and not just the 17th.

Good Luck... Hope you pass.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: