pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 09:17:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Book Reviews
| | |-+  Which Solaris 8 Systems Administrator book is best?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Which Solaris 8 Systems Administrator book is best?  (Read 574 times)
fsjcp2

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2002, 01:51:38 AM »

I'm planning to take the Solaris 8 System administrators exam next spring/summer. I'm in a bit of confusion as to what to use as my primary studying resource. Just so that I clarify a bit of my experience on Solaris, or Unix in general, I'd have to say rather limited. At my current position, I access Solaris systems on a daily basis. However, it is just to execute simple commands for routine job work. I do have more experience with installing several Linux distros, but it isn't close enough for me to consider to be the same. I had purchased the Intel version of Solaris 8 this fall, and my goal is to get started on studying by the start of the second quarter of 2003.

I've read reviews of the texts that are available on Amazon, and I'm not sure which to purchase. Can anyone recommend one for someone like myself who is still wet behind the ears with Solaris?

Also, are the two tests for System Administrator deep enough for me to consider spacing them out, or can I study to take them both in one day? This is an important question for me because I would have to travel six hours driving to another city to take the exams.

I'd appreciate any information that any of you gurus can provide.

Regards
Josh
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: