pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 04:31:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-220
| | | |-+  Passed 220 with honors
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Passed 220 with honors  (Read 2041 times)
Johnny5Alive
Here's Johnny!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2002, 02:26:00 PM »

Could've added this to the end of my last thread, but gotta fatten this forum up, vastly underpopulated.

Passed 220 last Saturday, and my concerns about the exam being surprisingly hard after doing prep with Transcender was un-warranted.

The exam is easy. Mind you, I am saying that after taking 216 and that one was a b%tch. Finished the exam in just over an hour and scored 920pts.

Studied only with Sybex this time written by Robert King and Gary Govanus, which was fantastically written. Also in the approaching week used Transcender Exam Sims. also very good.
Exam involved 4 case studies and 40 questions total. Read the case studies closely, one little comment by 'The Sales Manager' can make a whole lotta difference to an answer.

Onto 219 now, as I like the case study format. Have just bought the Sybex book on that which is written by the same authors as I mentioned above, so feel confident with the book's content.

Off to relax now with some Unreal Torney 2003!
Cheesy :p :cool:

If you know everything, you'll realise how little you understand.
If you understand everything you'll realise how little you know.

http:// www.epcdns.com
seattlebum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 02:34:29 PM »

I am also taking this one and probably 219 like you.
It's up in the air for me which book I'll get for this one. I hear the MS training kit is good also. I'll take you word on the Sybex book and check into it.

Good job and I'll remember that one about the Sales Manager.
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 06:49:55 PM »

Congrats, nice score on that one. Looks like Transcender does the trick!!!
Pavlov
Old Timer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 08:21:43 PM »

Congrats on your pass! Cheesy

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.
---------------------------------------
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2002, 09:55:18 PM »

Great job! Best of luck on 219! Wink

Due to financial problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
KScheler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 05:25:03 PM »

Congrats on the pass!
For 219 I used Chap 9 from the Resource Kit (a MUST read)and knowledge gained from 217. I have the Sybex book you mention. Although I received it a few days before test time, I skimmed over some of it and it appears to be a very good book covering all aspects of the exam. Good Luck!
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2002, 10:03:21 PM »

KScheler

How's it going???
Johnny5Alive
Here's Johnny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2002, 07:11:52 AM »

Thanks for the comments guys. Am sitting 219 next week (end of) doesn't seem too difficult at the moment. Also studying 224 (Exchange 200 Admin) at the same time too. Hopefully will sit that one end of November, then PPPAAARRTTTYYYY time. MCSE here I come.

jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2002, 03:20:19 AM »

Sounds like a good plan, best of luck!!!
tstevens

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2002, 12:12:21 AM »

I just passed 218 to get my MCSA and now am studying for the 220 to get my MCSE.  My other elective was Exchange 2000 (barely made it first time) toughest exam I've done so far.  I have the Sybex (big a$$ book) and the MS Readiness Review.  I used the same method for the 218 and it worked 1st time.  Do you think the Transcender was a worthy addition to my prep?  Did you read the whole Sybex book?  I'm reading 2 chapters a day and plan on taking the test in two weeks.  Do you have any caveats?  Thanks.

Oh ya, congrats on your pass!

Todd
jp_d55

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2002, 12:31:12 AM »

congrats on the pass! i hope you are right about the exam....if ever your going to the 219 then ill say that you already got it, this one too is damn easy.

keep it up.

"It Takes What It Takes", Just Do It!
Johnny5Alive
Here's Johnny!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2002, 06:18:25 PM »

Originally posted by tstevens
I just passed 218 to get my MCSA and now am studying for the 220 to get my MCSE.  My other elective was Exchange 2000 (barely made it first time) toughest exam I've done so far.  I have the Sybex (big a$$ book) and the MS Readiness Review.  I used the same method for the 218 and it worked 1st time.  Do you think the Transcender was a worthy addition to my prep?  Did you read the whole Sybex book?  I'm reading 2 chapters a day and plan on taking the test in two weeks.  Do you have any caveats?  Thanks.

Oh ya, congrats on your pass!

Todd

Thanks, I did read the entire Sybex book and did all the Case studies in there (except the last couple of chapters cos I was getting bored!). Then did Transcender on the approching week and went through all the results for those. Just when taking the test read every little comment. The tiniest little remark by the 'CEO' or someone can make all the flipping difference in the design. Also, get plenty of sheets of paper or slate whatever you use, when doing the exam and as you read it, build a picture of the network. I've heard of guys finding it real difficult becasue they try to imaging everything in their head because they are too lazy to draw... Good luck and let us know... I am doing 219 in 4 days!

J5

karal2000

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2002, 08:20:34 PM »

You have done a good job mate, well done.
I am wondering if anybody can tell between 220 and 221 exams which one could be easier to take? well despite of like or dislike the subject, just I mean by the exam in term of time and no of questions.

---------------------------------------

life is easy and fun if you born as Rich.

Life is easy if you born as a rich
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: