pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 09:09:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  70-219 The New Beast In The Swamp
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: 70-219 The New Beast In The Swamp  (Read 4803 times)
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2002, 01:17:03 PM »

It's a great adventure right now. Job demands have changed considerably, but compensation and new possibilities abound!!!
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2002, 01:37:26 PM »

Sounds fantastic,

Sign me up!

:p

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2002, 01:42:32 PM »

If I could, there's been a lot of cuts here, I made it on certifications and great customer service.
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2002, 01:49:24 PM »

Knowing what you are talking about as well. Just goes to show that those who work hard and put the effort in reap the benefits.

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2002, 07:00:31 PM »

mitchflorida, sorry to disappoint you.

mitchflorida

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2002, 08:36:37 PM »

As I said before 219 is the easiest test to pass.  And if you can pass it, Lexy, then anyone can.
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2002, 08:50:23 PM »

Anyone can pass with brain dumps as you have proved. Wink  

219 is not an easy test.

But if you know the answers before you sit the exam then it is not going to be a challenge, is it?

jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2002, 10:22:10 AM »

It's funny how tha anonomity of computers changes morality. Which of the two items below is wrong:

a) If you can get all the answers to a Microsoft exam, prior to taking it and memorize them and pass.

b) If you sneak into your professors office at college and steal the answers to the exam, prior to taking it and memorize them and pass.

I pick A and B, but some of you think A is perfectly alright. Don't give me the excuse that everyone else is doing it, either, because I know your mother has scolded you on that one just before b i t c h-slapping you and sending you off to bed without dinner.

I've said it in another post: You can rationalize your way straight into hell.
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2002, 11:08:14 AM »

I spent the best part of two months revising for the 219 as it's such a vast undertaking and the sheer volume of information needed so you can apply the knowledge is immense.

There was a post, not too long ago, where someone stated that they passed this exam in 25 minutes; that is frightening.

Regardless of experience you need to read through the case studies and find out exactly what is needed for each scenario. That alone takes time before you have even answered a question.

I get myself into a lot of controversy regarding my attitude toward brain dumps. I cant condone them because if someone else put half the time into revising this exam that I did, then its a month of your spare time taken up.

Then to have someone boast that they passed the same exam in less than half an hour is outrageous.

Five scenarios took me three hours to complete. I totally agree with Jeff.

And the brain dumpers are killing this forum.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2002, 11:12:02 AM by Sexy Lexy » Logged

Sniper_HK

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2002, 03:23:30 AM »

I am goin for 219 exam by next week, everyone is telling me its much more harder the 216. I heared this ski one is really a killer. Wish me a good luck guys.Wink
Originally posted by 0007
Sat the 70-219 yesterday.  Used ~4 3/4 hours of the 5 1/4 hours allowed.  5 scenarios, 59 items.  Got a ski scenario that went on forever.  Got a military contractor scenario that was unbelievably complex.

In short, I passed but I was more relieved to see Congratulations - Passed when I clicked the final item than on any M$ exam I've taken. (including 70-216)

Given the two, I believe 219 is a tougher exam to pass than is 216.
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2002, 12:19:33 PM »

Fear not, if you are properly prepared for this one, you will find it not nearly as hard as 216. It is centered on DNS, Forests, Domains, OU's and Group Policy. If you understand the reasoning for design issues for each of these, then this exam is fairly straightforward.

You can get most of your design concepts from a single chapter in the Resource Kit. There are numerous links to that on this thread or someone will conveniently provide it, after I post this. Reading that chapter, along with a reliable and legitemate practice exam should be sufficient preparation, assuming you passed 217, which was also much harder than 219.

The biggest threat of this exam is getting accustomed to the case scenario interface and numerous 'drag and drop' type questions.

Best of luck!!!
cm2gj
www.cm2gj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2002, 01:58:16 AM »

Originally posted by jeff_j_black
Fear not, if you are properly prepared for this one, you will find it not nearly as hard as 216. It is centered on DNS, Forests, Domains, OU's and Group Policy. If you understand the reasoning for design issues for each of these, then this exam is fairly straightforward.

You can get most of your design concepts from a single chapter in the Resource Kit. There are numerous links to that on this thread or someone will conveniently provide it, after I post this. Reading that chapter, along with a reliable and legitemate practice exam should be sufficient preparation, assuming you passed 217, which was also much harder than 219.

The biggest threat of this exam is getting accustomed to the case scenario interface and numerous 'drag and drop' type questions.

Best of luck!!!

do you think that this test is more easy than 217 and 216?... i don??t believe so..... and now have a lot of time and the exam has changed, and don??t allow reviews!!!!! i sincerely have a lot of fears about this exam....... my next will be 218 (i need mcsa before year end) but on january i must take 219...... i sincerely have a lot of fears....... not anymore with my english because my english are now really improved thanks to the study, forums and real works (now i works with USA techs)........ but sincerely i??m thinking about this super beast for me.....Sad

Best Regards
Alex
alexisgarcia72@hotmail.com
Cuban in Mexico
www.cm2gj.com
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2002, 11:25:03 AM »

I had four case studies with 4 hours allowed. I used 1 hour and fourty minutes to complete the exam. I did not feel the need to review questions from previous cases that were already complete. You can review all of the questions in each case study while you are in that case study. The addition of one more case study along with another whole hour to do it seems reasonable. I just wouldn't be wanting to take all five hours to do it.

This reminds me of riding in this annual 110 mile bike tour that I used to participate in. They allowed you up to 12 hours to complete the tour. My first time, I figured "heck 12 hours, I can ride 10 miles an hour and complete this no sweat." But the longer you are out there, the exposure makes going forward more and more difficult. I would advise you to prepare in such a way that you do not need to take five hours.
cm2gj
www.cm2gj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2002, 12:14:45 PM »

Originally posted by jeff_j_black
I had four case studies with 4 hours allowed. I used 1 hour and fourty minutes to complete the exam. I did not feel the need to review questions from previous cases that were already complete. You can review all of the questions in each case study while you are in that case study. The addition of one more case study along with another whole hour to do it seems reasonable. I just wouldn't be wanting to take all five hours to do it.

This reminds me of riding in this annual 110 mile bike tour that I used to participate in. They allowed you up to 12 hours to complete the tour. My first time, I figured "heck 12 hours, I can ride 10 miles an hour and complete this no sweat." But the longer you are out there, the exposure makes going forward more and more difficult. I would advise you to prepare in such a way that you do not need to take five hours.

after all my friend pass 219 this friday.. he say that the test was not dificult, only too wordy and stupid comments... he say that review was allowed...

thanks for your comments

Best Regards
Alex
alexisgarcia72@hotmail.com
Cuban in Mexico
www.cm2gj.com
cuaresma

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2002, 01:37:55 AM »

I took the exam two days ago and got nailed with 5 scenerios. The first three and last were straight forward. The fourth one which I thought was my last was really hard. The wording was ambigous for the structure needed. Design exam is *easy* to  moderately *average* in difficulty if you know what to look for. The best thing to do is read the whole exam and design the structure prior to looking at the questions. Sure it takes more time, but may save you from second guessing yourself and re-hunting for info.

A good book to prepare is the 70-219 for Dummies. It's a hard book to find but worth the read to get the basics and decisions making process down. Then take transcender to get use to the interface. Design is there to make sure you extract the proper information for a scenerio. Sometimes one small statement from a CEO can throw a whole design to a new structure. The thing that gave me trouble the most was DNS issues with multi forest designs. It's long test, so be mentally prepared for it. Shoot for 5 scenerios presented rather than 4. I made the mistake on banking that the 4th was my last and didn't try to hard when I got to it. I passed, btw. One more test to go (70-220)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: