pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 12:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-218
| | |-+  OU Delegation
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: OU Delegation  (Read 471 times)
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: September 25, 2002, 08:31:34 PM »

Sorry I've been missing from the "218 scene" for a while. I have been side-tracked by other events occuring in my life. Anyway, I have a question I am confused about:

Q.) You are the administrator of your company's Windows 2000 network. As the network is growing, there is an urgent need for facilitating network administration. In particular, you want to group objects that require similar administrative tasks together. Your peer Jay suggests that you deploy multiple OUs for the above purposes. You follow his suggestion and create multiple OUs under the ABC domain as follow:

SALES
ACCT
ADMIN
HR
MANAGER
SUPPORT

You realize that the amount of work is too much for you, that you need Jay and Mary to share the load. In particular, you want them to be able add and create objects in these OUs for you. What should you do?

A. Open the Active Directory Domains And Trusts snap-in and select the ABC domain. On the Action menu, click Delegate Control.

B. Open the Active Directory Users And Computers snap-in and select the appropriate OU. On the Action menu, click Delegate Control. Repeat this for every OU.

C. Open the Active Directory Sites And Services snap-in and select the appropriate OU. On the Action menu, click Delegate Control. Repeat this for every OU.

D. Open the Active Directory Domains And Trusts snap-in and select the appropriate OU. On the Action menu, click Delegate Control. Repeat this for every OU.

E. Open the Active Directory Users And Computers snap-in and select the ABC domain. On the Action menu, click Delegate Control.

F. Open the Active Directory Sites And Services snap-in and select the ABC domain. On the Action menu, click Delegate Control.

I believe the answer to be "B", am I correct? If not where have I gone wrong.

- -- Anti Dublin Crew -- -
CyberDude
Assigned Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 05:58:14 AM »

You are correct on this one bud.

To delegate control of an OU, you use ADU&C and right click (or choose action menu) the specific OU.  You then choose delegate and follow the wizard.  :cool:

If it's not written down, then it never happened!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: