pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 06:15:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  mcse
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: mcse  (Read 717 times)
maunjuguna

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2002, 07:22:47 AM »

I am planning on sitting for my mcse exams in November please share with me your experiences and expectations
cardinal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 09:25:47 AM »

Congratulations on your decision to become an MCSE!  It is very exciting!  I just passed my last test on Friday...So I now have an MCP, MCSA, and MCSE!  

I can tell you that if you don't have any experience with networks, it can be frustrating because there is a lot to learn that is new and overwhelming.  My suggestion is to study as much material as you can.  Make sure you have the Microsoft Official Cirriculum...that will lead you in the right direction.  Study that first, so you understand concepts like DNS, DHCP, etc.  If concepts like this are new to you, make sure you understand them thoroughly before ever even attempting to take a test!  :-)

You will invest a lot of money into this adventure.  If you do it on your own, you will need study material and practice tests.  I took classes through New Horizons.  They couldn't possibly cover "everything", so I had to purchase a lot of supplemental material to help me study the stuff that wasn't covered in the classes.

And most importantly, don't quit if you fail an exam.  They are hard and they are meant to be hard!  Just regroup, study more, and take it again.  The design tests were the hardest for me.

I wish you the best of luck!  It is a lot of work and when you finally get there, you will have a big weight lifted off your shoulders!  At least that is how I feel!  I am contemplating going for my MCDBA and MCSD.  Not sure about going back into "test mode" again, though!  :-)

Break a leg...

Shelly Turner
A+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE

Shelly Turner
A+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE
maunjuguna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 01:00:02 AM »

Congratulations and Thanks so much for your advice.  I need to buy more reading material though I have the official curriculum with me.  

Please advise what type of material I should buy because they are not readily available locally in Kenya so I need to buy when I travel aboard some time next month
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: