pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 04:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Book Reviews
| | |-+  21 days
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 21 days  (Read 1037 times)
tree

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2002, 11:12:19 PM »

I got a hold of SAMS Teach Yourself Java 2 in 21 days and I have to say the book is a real winner.  I haven't liked either of the other SAMS books I've tried, but this book tells you what you need to know and where to find out more if you're interested.  The example programs are all work and are all good.  Most of the code in most of them is reusable for other basic apps.  I have four books on Java and this one is easiest to understand most fun.  I'm preparing for my Java cert with renewed vigor thanks to this book.

Peace...
bobs_145

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2002, 06:28:03 PM »

I have become a big fan of the SAMS Teach Yourself in 24 books. I am currently using SAMS Teach Yourself C# in 21 Days, and it is excellent. It tells you what you need to know, and is perfect for a beginning or experienced programmer. I have also used SAMS Teach Yourself JavaScript in 24 Hours, which is helpful, but not as helpful as the C# book. Then again, what can you expect when the JavaScript book is designed to be done in a fraction of the time?

Robert
MOS Office 2000
namrak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 11:45:03 AM »

SAMS Teach Yourself in 24 Hours style book are typically easy reads and often times they do help a beginner get started. I've used a few in the past such as the JavaScript one you mentioned. These books are done by examples and typically build on top of each other as you go through subsequent chapters. If you don't grasp the concept the explanations can be a bit lean which may not help the beginner. At which point he or she may need to get online to do extra research or purchase a meatier book.
The SAMS Teach Yourself...in 21 Days are actually pretty good and contain more explanations.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: