pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 04:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  Mcse-xp
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mcse-xp  (Read 2103 times)
65blue

View Profile WWW
« on: September 03, 2002, 01:46:26 PM »

is ther an MCSE track for XP?
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2002, 02:02:40 PM »

XP is scheduled to be part of the .NET track. This is until they release the rest of the .NET software of they change their minds and opt for something completely different.

Wouldn't do that would they?

:p

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
65blue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 02:18:35 PM »

.NET is out on beta,when is the full version due to release?
necrophantasm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2002, 08:35:37 PM »

It WAS supposed to be released last winter... I honestly don't know when the final version will be out, but does anyone really know? Microsoft is great at setting deadlines, but not always so good at meeting them. Wink
AMDWiZARD
Kneel Before Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2002, 11:25:25 PM »

Its due Q1 2003 so anytime between January - March, my guess is February. Im in a sense glad they are taking this long. I have RC1 official beta tester and this thing totally rocks! It makes Win2k server look really pathetic Smiley

Knowledge IS POWER!

Greatness REQUIRES Sacrifice!
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2002, 04:20:08 AM »

I hope this more precise than your other statements regarding release dates from you Microsoft insider as everyone so far, has been wrong.

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
AMDWiZARD
Kneel Before Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 03:01:52 AM »

Win .net is almost in RC2 stage, if it makes it that far. Next, when have I posted anything about release dates except Service Pack 1 which i said would be released August 25th, which it WAS, just not to the public.

AMDWiZARD

Knowledge IS POWER!

Greatness REQUIRES Sacrifice!
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 07:00:25 AM »

As most of us are the public on here, don't you think it would have been useful to mention that?

Bingram

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2002, 07:29:51 PM »

I don't think I'd say .Net Server makes W2K server look pathetic.  Under the hood, they are very, very similar.  If you look at MS's official press releases, the biggest improvement they tout is the addition of .Net Framework and it's inherit XML programming.  That doesn't entail a major revision of the OS.

AND, the literature they've sent out to companies in the "partners" program advises deploying W2K server and adding the .Net framework if needed instead of waiting until .Net Server is out on the streets.  Leeds a rational person to belive there isn't a lot of "new" in the "new" OS.  

MS is probably looking at the landscape realistically.  First, it will take .Net a year or more to really prove itself to the IT world.  In the mean time, they don't wish to lose market share to the penguin.

Oh, and there is the question of .Net Services.  Will every single user of W2K server and NT 4 Server really need the .Net Framework?  Nope.  Likely the .Net servers will make their greatest impact on the "high end" 10 to 20% of the server market for the near term.  

My prediction, for what it is worth, is that MS will still promote W2K for small and medium buisness solutions well into 2003, maybe 2004!  They will offer a .Net Server exam, .Net Framework exam, and .Net Design exam, as well as a .Net Accelerated exam.  

Beyond that, we need many, many more MCAD certified programers (what was it 100 or so by mid August?) before the Fortune 500 dives into .Net.
CyberDude
Assigned Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2002, 03:16:16 AM »

I do hope that they are not that different, because I do not want to funish one mcse just to start another, like I am doing now.  :cool:

If it's not written down, then it never happened!
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2002, 04:16:09 AM »

If the rumour mill is to be believed then there will indeed be another MCSE track for the .NET software. I think it's best to wait and see before jumping to conclusions.

However, Windows 2000 skills will still be in demand. I can't speak for the rest of the world but NT 4.0 is still out there in high volumes in the UK.

Rest assured CyberDude that the MCSE is worth pursuing for 2000.

Bingram

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2002, 07:10:50 AM »

Originally posted by CyberDude
I do hope that they are not that different, because I do not want to funish one mcse just to start another, like I am doing now.  :cool:

There has been some speculation that MS will not do a major overhaul of the MCSE.  That has been the discussion on one or two newsgroups as of late.  Either CertCities or MCP Mag mentioned it earlier in the sumer also as speculation.  

If you consider, as I said before, MS will still push W2K as a solution to segments of the market, it would make much sense to simply add on .Net exams to the existing cert instead of completely replacing it.  Especially since .Net is not a radicial departure from W2K.

Oh, and there is the lesson of NT4 -- don't de-certify your tech ambassadors, you know those MCSEs!
TW2001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2002, 08:20:50 AM »

Just to throw this out there...

As the life cycle of NT4 comes to a close (end of 2003) companies that did not migrate to 2K (which is the majority) will look at TCO and ROI of 2k or .Net. These said companies will most likely upgrade desktops to XP and follow on the back end with .Net. .Net makes it much easier to set up AD and the neccessary configurations than Win2K (easing the learning curve).Also you have to look at the whole back office if your an NT Shop you proably running Ex 5.5 well if your going to .Net you cant use Ex 2000. You have to wait for the release of Ex .Net which nicely coincides with the relase of the .Net enterprise family and the retirement of NT4. This is all about money.Both for MS and our employers. What ive proposed also takes into consideration the new licensing issues from MS.

Im not trying to discourage anybody or anything like that. I do know its important to have a little business savy and understand where the trends are. This may or may not come to be. I guess it also doesnt have much to do with which track to follow..just something to think about.

You wont get wise with the sleep still in your eyes....
Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2002, 09:30:45 AM »

Common sense from both of you. Companies will not invest money unless it is needed. As NT 4.0 is still an active product (Until 2003) only those with a need will upgrade to a higher O/S platform along with the related applications.

And as pointed out by bingram NT 4 MCSE's are still in demand.

Wait a while to see how everything develops before jumping in feet first.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: