pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 05:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-219
| | | |-+  outcome...
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: outcome...  (Read 2710 times)
AMDWiZARD
Kneel Before Me

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2002, 04:54:33 PM »

needed a 613... scored a 599.. ultimately this test, whether i would have passed it or not, is gay. Im sorry but it is. Reading 5 paragraphs and answering questions about fictitious evironments like those damn ski questions is rediculous. Puts a dent in my plans, however, i wont let this stop me.

Exchange Server tommorrow... Look for my post in 224 saying that i passed.

Peace all.

AMDWiZARD

Knowledge IS POWER!

Greatness REQUIRES Sacrifice!
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2002, 05:09:28 PM »

funny, it was the test I preferred at the end of the track... sorry to hear you didn't make it. Now that you know the format, I am sure that you will do great next time!

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2002, 05:30:29 PM »

Sorry to hear that man! You'll get it next time. Ya......I remember the one with all the ski resorts; that one was, indeed, a dousy!!! :eek:

Best of luck with 224! Wink

Due to financial problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
Pavlov
Old Timer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2002, 06:28:53 PM »

Sorry to hear you missed it - but you were soooooo close.  Get 224 out of the way and come right back to 219.  You were right there so it should just be a bit of brush up to snatch it next time.

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.
---------------------------------------
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
ruscorp
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 06:49:20 PM »

Sorry to hear you failed dude. Keep trying though!

Haven't you heard? All Micro$oft tests are gay.

- -- Anti Dublin Crew -- -
TRIBO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 08:13:45 PM »

I was right there with you, AW!  The first time I took it I was sooooooo close.

The ski resort scenario sucked, that's all there is to it.  That case was one big giant cluster f&#$.  Oddly enough, though - like Freak - I liked this exam best out of all the tests.  

I passed it today and did much better.  You'll get there, too!

TRIBO, A+, Net+
MCP (210, 215, 217, 218, 219)
MCSA

"Goodbye," said the fox.  "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret.  It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2002, 12:27:48 AM »

Great news TRIBO! Congratulations! Did you get a score? I took 70-221 Saturday and all I got was Pass/Fail! :mad:

By the way, I love the way you and Pav talk! Both of you guys must have been raised with a bunch of brothers! Cheesy

Start sharpening the sword, you got the beast to slay! Wink

Due to financial problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
TRIBO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2002, 10:39:21 AM »

I got 899 - and was well pleased with that.  Second time I took it, though.

What was 221 like?  I'm thinking both 216 and 221 are going to beat me up a little...

TRIBO, A+, Net+
MCSA

"Goodbye," said the fox.  "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret.  It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
RUSH2112
Certified Test Taker

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2002, 10:59:17 AM »

Originally posted by TRIBO
The ski resort scenario sucked, that's all there is to it.  That case was one big giant cluster f&#$.

Ski resort case?  I didn't get that one.  Glad I didn't, it sounds like a bear of a case.  Great score TRBIO.  You beat mine.

"Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies, but most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be.  Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it,  for you the blind who once could see,  the bell tolls for thee...."     Losin' It
KScheler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2002, 11:36:07 AM »

AMDWiZARD;
Sorry about the fail. You'll get it next time now that you know what to expect. Good Luck!

Tribo;
Congrats on the pass! I remember the ski resort. I think they wanted multiple forests setup. Kind of stupid scenerio.

I agree with Freak. I thought it was a fun test but yet anti-climatic. It was my last one for my MCSE and I finished in 1 1/2 hrs with a 917 score. I almost wish I would have saved 216 for last. I quess maybe that's 1 reason I'm going to take 218 soon. Good luck with the beast.
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2002, 11:58:23 AM »

Learning 216 is half the battle for 221. So if you lay a good foundation in 216, 221 will not be too difficult. It seemed to have a lot real world flavor to it, and because it is not as intense as 216, I actually found it to be quite enjoyable. It just gives you sort of a big picture perspective of the myriad of networking technologies commonly in use throughout the IT industry today.

It introduces some new real-world technologies like for instance, Proxy Servers, Mainframes, SNA servers, SQL servers, VLANs, and the many different types of network LAN/WAN topologies and hybrid topologies commonly in use today. You will learn good stuff about Arrays, DNS Round-Robin, Clustering, Network Load Balancing, Firewalls, Screened Subnets or DMZ zones, etc., and how and when to use each. Learning when and how to optimize for load balancing, failover, fault-tolerance, performance, and availability is another big priority of 221. Overall, it will broaden your scope of knowledge and make you a better engineer.

When I did my preparation for 216, I also studied my 221 material and it was a good thing that I had, as many of the technologies introduced in 221, were, to my surprise, on the 216 exam. So even if you don't plan on taking 221, I would highly recommend getting your hands on a 221 study guide and reading it before taking the 216.

Anyways, congrats again on your victory with the 219 and best of luck with the 216 and 221! Wink

TRIBO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2002, 01:41:05 PM »

What a great description for the two exams, Z!  Thanks!

Actually, as sick as this sounds, I am looking forward to going over this stuff in depth.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a bit weak on DNS.  Perhaps after battling 216 and 221, I will FEEL like an engineer!!!

TRIBO, A+, Net+
MCSA

Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2002, 02:31:57 PM »

Oh, I can promise you, when you pass the 216, it will feel like a major accomplishment! Learning the 216 will make you a knowledgable administrator with all the different services that you must learn to configure, troubleshoot, and operate smoothly together in a coordinated fashion. Learning the 221, on top of it, will make you an engineer. Good luck! Wink

jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2002, 07:25:46 PM »

TRIBO, you picked it!!! DNS is the crux of 216 so in knowing that you are well on the way. Just know that WINS is also well tested on 216. RRAS and subnetting are close behind, the rest is merely covered. I would like to recommend some excellent article on Cramsession for DNS and WINS study. Just find the link 'Articles' there and look around.
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2002, 08:11:49 PM »

Originally posted by TRIBO
What a great description for the two exams, Z!  Thanks!

Actually, as sick as this sounds, I am looking forward to going over this stuff in depth.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am a bit weak on DNS.  Perhaps after battling 216 and 221, I will FEEL like an engineer!!!

DNS is the backbone of AD. Definitely look into it in depth, it will help you for the test, but more importantly for the real world. ALso make sure that DHCP, RRAS, and WINS are must study areas...

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: