pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 12:55:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  any suggestion(s)?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: any suggestion(s)?  (Read 801 times)
adeyemi

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2002, 05:09:19 PM »

( i am a beginner in the IT industy. i am lucky to run into a company in london that employ as a trainee technical support engineer, which is my post at the moment. what certification do you guys think i could go for. and how best should i pusue my career development as not to affect my commetment at work. if possible online courses and website. i have got 24 hr access into my office and a ISDN line for fast intenet acccess. any suggestion(s)
3pinhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 08:38:49 PM »

There's a lot of avenues in the IT business, with a lot of special niche's that you could choose to specialize in, but like any other profession, a good foundation is necessary.

A+ Will give you a knowlege of what goes on inside the beast. Since you're working with computers, it's worth knowing how they work, and how to upgrade & fix 'em.

Network + Gives a great overview of how networks work, the ISO model, the protocols (languages) used, hardware, the software and an overview of the most common operating systems & network configurations.

Next it would be good to know an Operating System, Windows 2000, or Unix, or Novell, your choice. All of them are top players in the field.

Lastly, if you're a real mainac (as I am)_ you might consider going for the Cisco CCNA, which is Network + on steriods; or if you're not too hardware inclined (like to work on your car?) start looking into specializing in design, administration, Exchange, security, web development etc.

All of this can be accomplished thru self study. But it takes time and a lot of self disciplne. A lot of time & self discipline!

If you decide to go to school, be VERY choosy about who you go to. I got burned big time by one. But there are many very good programs out there. Shop around. Ask questions. Sit a couple of classes. Talk to students that have finished the course. What's the school's success rate (how many have certifications by the end of the course)

Your biggest aid is to get some experience. Do you have any opportunities at your place of work? Volunteer organizations?
Any friends in the It industry?

A little research before you start will go a long way!

TelemarkIsTheOnlyWayToFly
thecomeons
infrequent visitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2002, 01:14:41 PM »

the a+ seems like a good place to start if part of your job is to take a pc apart. network+ is the next step and onto some mcp exams. if u have a+ and network+ u can get mcsa in 3 exams. mcse will take 7.

i have only completed a+ (presently taking network+), all as self-study. best buy for both is michael meyers' all-in-one guides. they are about ?40 each and those, with as many online exams as u can find (we will give u pointers in the a+ forum) and exam drill will guarantee a pass first time in most cases.

i couldn't get it up until i visited examnotes.net
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: