pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 03:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Certifications and IT jobs/Salaries
| | |-+  2002 Salary Survey: Non-Microsoft Certifications (in USD)
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2002 Salary Survey: Non-Microsoft Certifications (in USD)  (Read 4275 times)
DemiGod

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2002, 02:35:01 PM »

Those are some funny figures!!
I guess it depends where you are
and how valuable your cert is in
the area

Find joy in the journey
mwt

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2002, 08:40:55 PM »

Call it the law of averages...

Some out there are making $125k others are making $25k...average it to $75k and post a survey. Then run a radio ad that says the "average salary for an MCSE is $72K..." and evey washed up stripper and ditch digger in your greater metropolitan area wants to get into IT.

Its purely BS in my opinion, but it keeps the training companies in the green.
steeda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2002, 09:30:58 PM »

What do you think I would be worth average? Certs listed to your left. I have 5 years REAL experience. The experience includes 3 years administering, troubleshooting, designing, and implementing ( not in that order Tongue ) basically any Windows based network you can think of. ( 100 users or less, no enterprise level routed networks spanning 50 cities ). Two years were as a service technician for an OEM. I have serviced, literally, around 3000 PC's so my hardware troubleshooting skills are polished. I work for a company that "farms out" IT services, so I have pretty broad networking experience due to the huge amount of setups I have worked on. What does that type of exp/certs rate? Average? Just curious on your opinions.
mwt

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2002, 12:53:33 PM »

I haven't lived in San Diego since 1989 (and even then the bill was footed by the tax payers), so it is hard to say what So. Cal. salaries are these days...naturally it makes a difference when you compare salaries for a metropolitan area in California, and Piedmont, North Dakota.

I would place you in the $65-70K a year bracket, minus potential bonus since not all employers have profit sharing or incentive plans.
exar07

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2002, 12:56:31 PM »

Not that list is funny!

Whoever believes that I have a island to sell you!

Where did they get this info?  Not from real world says "I".

Restart and Try again!
exar07

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2002, 12:59:54 PM »

Consider the Source!

If I was a cert-magazine or company that were involved in certs - my reports would look exactly like that!

Restart and Try again!
pist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2002, 08:44:09 PM »

shit like this makes me want to contact the ftc and report this magazine and all of these schools that have all these bogus reports... i bet we could do that if we wanted to... these claims are unsubstantiated, not one person here believes them... the sad thing is people get lured into it schools with these numbers... i remeber when i 1st started school everyone was all excited and during breaks people would be talking about what kind of cars they were gonna buy will all of the big bucks they were going to make after they graduated... with all of these schools getting luring people into it it just makes it harder for the people already in it
BootData
non stop-learning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2002, 08:55:58 PM »

Originally posted by exar07
Consider the Source!

If I was a cert-magazine or company that were involved in certs - my reports would look exactly like that!

nicely said!
I guess for marketing purposes, it's only logical that one would put a report like this! They are not telling lies, just mislead you!!! and they'd say that these'r two different things Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: