pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 02:34:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-220
| | | |-+  passed! So how did I do it?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: passed! So how did I do it?  (Read 938 times)
3pinhead

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2002, 04:32:39 PM »

Not that this is the only way mind you.....

Took the exam Sunday, and passed with a score of 798 (Did Microsoft finally get rid if the Pass/Fail thing???)
this exam has lots of drag & drop, and build a network type of questions. The trickiest are the build the network - they give you a window with several boxes in the space that you are supposed to arrange in the space, then choose what connections are correct for the items given.
 For example, You may have one that has Headquarters, Windows2000 router, Internet interface, Intranet interface and a matching set of boxes for a remote office. In another pane, you will have connection choices such as Intranet connection, Internet connection, & hardware connection.  The object is to arrange the boxes so that you can choose the correct connections between each item.
Most are more compicated than that, with choices between L2TP and PPTP tunnels, and you can use one but not the other - depends on what's in the scenario. they'll also give you more choices than you need and one that requires the very obvious need for TCI/IP in every connection. That one nearly got me.

To prepare for this exam, I used the Microsoft MOC book, read it through, did all the exercises, then spend a day redoing all the exercises to make sure I understood the concepts. Used Trancenders to pepare, and tried a couple of free downloads suggested on this board that really helped with the graphic questions. Really work the practice questions, especially the drag & drop and build a network. Those count for a large part of the score.

Make sure you unsderstand the concepts.
When you take the exam, read the scenario carefully. If you've prepared well, you should be able to recognize what needs to be done as you read the scenario. Click on the ALL tab just before continuing to the questions, and reskim the scenario tho make sure you understand what they want. As you go thru the questions, go back thru the scenario and look for the key points that will help you get the answers - such as having NT4.0 machines on the network - it will not allow you to use IPSec, and L2tp. YOu must use PPTP and MPPE.
But you know that - right???
You need to read the questions very carefully, look for the answer, then reread the question and the answer you chose to make sure it is the right one, and know why the other answers are wrong.

I know I could have scored higher, but after 2-1/2 hours of reading that stuff, the last scenario was kind of a blur, and I know I missed some there just because I didn't read the question , or the scenario right.
Good exam.......It'll work ya.

I'm not gonna tell anybody what the passing score is, That'll make you aim low. Take the practice exams until you are scoring a consistent 900, then go take the exam Time limit is 3-1/2 hours.

so, after 15 months, I have my MCSE.

What now?HuhHuh?

TelemarkIsTheOnlyWayToFly
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2002, 04:50:39 PM »

Good job!!! It all feels lots better when it's behind you!
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 10:46:46 PM »

Congrats on the pass and the MCSE! Wink

Due to financial problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: