pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 03:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Ghost 2002 PE & Cloning
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ghost 2002 PE & Cloning  (Read 660 times)

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2002, 12:47:23 PM »

I need to install a new unformatted hard drive in a Compaq PC, clone the drive already in the PC onto the new drive, shut down the PC, remove and discard the (noisy) original drive, run the PC using the new drive.

I've been through the Ghost manual, created the boot disk(s), practiced using the interface by ghosting a partition onto CD-R for practice.  I am simply reluctant to make the big step of cloning onto new drive.

I is best to partition the new drive prior to ghosting onto it?

Is it necessary to set an active partition on the drive?  Advice and links to tech help are appreciated.
denis_baribeau

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 02:21:44 PM »

Your are saying that you allready ghosted the old to the new HDD and you are running with it ,what seem to be the problem.

For all intension purpose your original noisy HDD still contain all the data and can be reghosted all over again.

Has per ghost is concern you have choices of either disk to disk ,disk to image,disk to partition,and others

Once the ghost is all done and the new drive is install has master it become the active drive but if it fail to do that it can be done with Fdisk .

Was the original drive a 1 partition or multiple .

Make sure you select source and destination carefully ,you will have few chance to back out if your not sure but usualy it is ovious do to size of HDD .

If the ghost to new HDD is not working you'll still have the original to try again.

Good Luck

NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU KNOW TODAY,YOU'LL HAVE TO KNOW MORE TOMORROW.
Deja-vue
Challenge Everything
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2002, 09:09:11 PM »

The old drive better not be a dynamic drive.

otherwise, just do a disk-to-disk copy and start praying. Always worked for me.
Would be wise to back up all files first somewhere on the network, if things go south.
No need to pre-format the new drive, ghost will wipe it out again anyways. I have not worked with ghost 2002, have used ghost 7 and never had any problems.
Since, i switched to acronis. Looks much better, doesn't cost as much and is more user-friendly. http://www.acronis.com
just thought, i share this with you.

Better not wait too long, the old "noisy" Drive may give up on you.:eek:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: