pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 05:24:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-220
| | | |-+  Well Here goes.........
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Well Here goes.........  (Read 905 times)
3pinhead

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2002, 06:33:43 AM »

Since this particular board has so many visitors, i thought I'd tell you all that I finally go for the exam on Sunday.
Been using the MOC books, Trancenders, Windows 2000 Security little black book, and articles from the resource kit to prep with.

We await the results with baited breath.

Actually I'm a little surprised that there isn't much activity here. I would think that with the current interest in security the board would be heating up by now.

TelemarkIsTheOnlyWayToFly
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2002, 04:50:08 PM »

Good luck! Most people take only one design exam. 219 is the easiest so you don't get as many people in these parts, shame though. Security is pretty important. What kind of prep have you done? Taken any other design exams yet?
3pinhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2002, 05:20:13 PM »

Ths is my last exam to get the MCSE. I used the Syngress and MOC books to study, set up a running network lab at home,and have just been hacking away at it for about 15 months.

I took the Active Directory design exam last summer, and because I have A+ and Net+, I also took the MCSA exam as well. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that the 70-218 would count toward the MCSE, so that makes the security exam the last one, but I will thake the 70-221 Infrastructure exam later just to hammer home the concepts of the whle mess.

I found the Windows 2000 Security Little Black book a terrific reference. It not only covers the concepts very well, but then makes you sit down at a server and acutally do it, set up the firewalll or whatever. It's written for admins that need a good concise explanation of the concepts, and a solutions to problems. Published by Coriolis Group (Exam Cram)(ISBN 1-57610-387-0) which is unfortunately out of business, but if you skulk around the book stores long enough, you can still find one. I would highly recommend getting a copy.
Thanks for the response.
Hope we don't wear out the server with so many threads in here!

TelemarkIsTheOnlyWayToFly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: