pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 05:18:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Certifications and IT jobs/Salaries
| | |-+  Give up
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: Give up  (Read 65215 times)
jackiechan

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2002, 09:51:37 PM »

For the unemployed for more than 6 months, give up the I.T chase. The market has a nack for weeding out the weak. To be unemployed for so long means that something is wrong with you not the certs or degrees you have. Find another job in another feild. The I.T world is not a secure or stable industry to be in. Only the strong survive in this jungle.
onoski
Determined IT Hussler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2002, 02:49:58 AM »

Jackiechan, have you landed an IT job now?

Are you still wondering if heaven or hell is real? Well it is and to avoid that Jesus christ is the way, please make the right choice and stop playing games with the devil. The world is messed up, just look around you.
jackiechan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2002, 04:29:22 AM »

onoski, How long have you been looking for work in IT? IT is pretty competitive these days. There are all sorts of animals out there wanting the same things as you.
onoski
Determined IT Hussler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2002, 04:39:22 AM »

But that's life, it's all about a struggle and hence you too shouldn't give up as you are talented and have the potential. I think you should look into databases, wireless network and even Unix and Linux. I for one ain't giving up as I have put way too much effort into gaining my IT experience qualifications not to even mention the money involved.

I know how you feel, but as you rightly said it's survival of the fittest. It would be a shame to give up at this stage as well as a waste of time which is a very valuable asset. I hope I was able to shed light on this aspect as I know it can be really daunting. Winners don't quit and quitters don't win. It's the first phrase for me:D Cheerio.

Are you still wondering if heaven or hell is real? Well it is and to avoid that Jesus christ is the way, please make the right choice and stop playing games with the devil. The world is messed up, just look around you.
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2002, 04:58:30 AM »

Onoski have a look on this site lots of helpdesk support jobs - just apply if you have the skills forget the number of years:

http://www.it.jobserve.com/Jobserve/Homepage.asp

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
jackiechan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2002, 05:22:21 AM »

onoski, Know the following and be competent in:
NT/win2000
any flavor of Unix
Lotus Notes
Netware

Know these four areas and you can find a job anywhere in admin/support/helpdesk.
onoski
Determined IT Hussler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2002, 05:24:34 AM »

Thanks, for the link Frank as I have been visiting this site more than a year now. Thanks, once more as I am certainly not going to let negative feedbacks put me off.

onoski
Determined IT Hussler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2002, 05:29:06 AM »

Originally posted by jackiechan

onoski, Know the following and be competent in:
NT/win2000
any flavor of Unix
Lotus Notes
Netware

Know these four areas and you can find a job anywhere in admin/support/helpdesk.

Thanks, jackiechan as I am very well rounded in these areas listed above apart from Unix, which I only started looking into for about six months now. Linux Red Hat, and am finding it pretty interesting and challenging too. How well vast are you in these areas Jackiechan?

TW2001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2002, 06:24:40 AM »

This is coming from a guy who has never had an IT job. A guy who is flippin burgers. Jackie, your going to point out what people should do? Give a break.

I say the whole friggin board boycotts this loser.

You wont get wise with the sleep still in your eyes....
mikop
Supa SUPA MAN!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2002, 07:30:13 AM »

haha i just had a good laugh.

wanna know why?

check his posts...

start with failing 210 with a score of 360, then magically pass all tests in 2.5 months. this is around september.

fastforward to end of january 2002 with his losing his job. him asking if he is worth $90 dollars/hour in albania, then lowering it to 35...

2 days later on feb 1st, it is now this

CCNA and MCSE are yesterday's certifications
<-DUMP?

I am a computer science graduate and I am finding it had to compete with people who have more experience and certifications
<-read on

but notice just a week earlier he said this.

I am 43 years old. I have close to 20 years experience in I.T. I currently work for a government agency doing database and unix support. I have skills in Unix, Crytal reports, Betrieve and some programming.
 <--- 20 years of IT exp! take this with the previous about not enough experience to compete? (for senior lvl management perhaps, but it should be no problem settling for something less than that, but he settled all the way to McDonald? is his supposedly experience, insight and what not BS?

then we find the root of his discontent.

If the market is turning then why am I working as a trainee manager at McDonalds

man, I seriously thought its like an inside joke you guys have about him working at mcD but haha this is funny.  so basically he is saying in this post is that HE can not compete. a post of self pity.

I get it now, thanks for sparking my interest and keeping me busy while I watch korea vs italy.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand."
                              --- Einstein
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2002, 08:03:25 AM »

After reading Mikeop post he should change his name to "Ronald" 'cause he is a right clown ....

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
Gareth Leung

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2002, 08:20:20 AM »

If he's 43 than maybe my math is bad. From his profile, he said he borned in 1970. :confused:

Gareth Leung
MCSE+I, i-Net+,IT Project+, CIW Associate

Moderator of:
Freak's Forum
Paisleyskye's Forum
Gpearson's Forum
flext

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2002, 08:25:17 AM »

HMMMM

Guess I'm dead and just haunting this board

Ed

A+ Question of the Day Guy

:cool: :cool: :cool:

The difficult I do right away
THe Impossible takes me a little longer
If you can read this your having a good day your alive
I hope life isn"t a big joke, because I don"t get It
I will not go quietly into the night
Thanks uncle JED its been Fun
Never be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the ark.
Professionals built the Titanic.

Ed Flipsen
CNA 5.0
CCNA
MCSE  
MCP Exchange 5.5
Network +  A +  Inet+ Server+
TW2001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2002, 10:20:09 AM »

ROFL...

Maybe he`s not a liar...

Maybe he`s the PRETENDER!

You wont get wise with the sleep still in your eyes....
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2002, 03:46:28 PM »

The market has a nack for weeding out the weak. To be unemployed for so long means that something is wrong with you not the certs or degrees you have.
Where I live, almost no employers are hiring except for Microsoft, and they require a BSc degree, meaning that if one is unemployed and does not have a BSc, one will remain in that state for the forseeable future. Doesn't mean a defective personality or anything like that, just that there aren't enough jobs to go around at the moment.

Anyone who isn't brilliant, however, would be silly to enter the I.T. field now, because the days of plenty for all, instead of just the best, are over. There are other occupations that are much more lucrative now than I.T., and don't require a 180-point IQ for success (such as pharmacy and nursing).

RD
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: