pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:18:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-218
| | |-+  218 Is History!!!
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 218 Is History!!!  (Read 2354 times)
Zaraspook

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2002, 10:16:48 PM »

Got the 218 out the way today and that gives me the MCSA. Gosh darn, I wonder how many of us are out there already? It was an easy exam!  In fact, it was the easiest Microsoft Certification exam so for that Ive taken. I dont know if this one was just plain easy, or if maybe this stuff is just getting easier.

Its a very straight-forward exam that doesnt go into much depth on anything but covers a very broad array of topics. Know how to troubleshoot client workstations, servers, and network connection problems, the Route, Ipconfig, Ping, Pathping, and Tracert commands, performance monitoring values, Task Manager priorities and setting affinity. Configuring group policies, software installation, service packs and hot-fixes, sysprep and RIS, active directory security boundaries, auditing, authoritative Vs non-authoritative restores, delegation and permissions, mixed and native mode groups. IIS properties, virtual directories, host headers, ISAPI, SSL, and IIS authentication. Routing and Remote Access authentication protocols, RAS policies, Multilink/BAP, and ICS. Terminal Services, DFS, EFS, Compression, Basic/Dynamic disk, NTFS/FAT32/FAT16, mounting drives, and quotas. Share/NTFS permissions, permission inheritance, and publishing hidden shares. Publishing printers, printer permissions, configuring printers, and printer priorities. DNS, dcpromo, active directory integrated zones, primary and secondary zones, forwarders, root hints, secure updates, and DDNS. DHCP scopes and fault tolerance, BootP/relay agents, authorization/activation, TCP/IP, configuring WINS and WINS replication. Like I said, its not a very in depth exam but, indeed, very broad. Review all of the above and you will do fine.

Up next is the 217 and 219. Thanks everyone for your help and support! Wink
« Last Edit: June 04, 2002, 01:00:04 AM by Zaraspook » Logged

Due to financial problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
cross36
Call me Cris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2002, 12:48:59 AM »

Zara Congrads to you! You'll enjoy taking 219, I did

Riding the endless light of fortunes...

http://www.darkroads.com
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2002, 05:49:12 AM »

Congratulations on your pass and good luck on the rest of your exams!!

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
NetChild1985
RedHater

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2002, 06:18:20 AM »

Awesome job!
Good luck on the future exams!

Using a digital nervous system
Spid
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2002, 06:33:18 AM »

Well done Zaraspook!

"I was planning to take over the world, but got distracted by something sparkly..."
Teck Shark
Caffeine Fueled Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2002, 11:57:33 AM »

Well done.  Good luck on future exams!:p

Tech Shark
MCSE 2000
MCSA 2000 Charter Member
A+, Net+

Words to Live by:
"No! Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try!"

Einstein's theory of relativity:
"Put your hands on a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Grab hold of a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second... it's all relative!"

Sound Advice:
"You shouldn't take life too seriously.  You'll never get out alive!"
KScheler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2002, 10:05:45 PM »

Congrats on the pass! I recommend that you take 219 shortly after 217. It was quiet easy to me. It seems to just carry over from what you learn for 217. Good Luck!
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2002, 10:26:11 PM »

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it! Wink

Due to financial problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
jakob79

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2002, 04:28:59 AM »

Congrats on the pass zaraspook.. good luck for your 217 & 219
Gunner22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2002, 01:53:40 PM »

great job...taking mine today..wish me luck Smiley

"Give a guy a gun and he's superman...Give him two and he's God.."
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2002, 02:32:48 PM »

Best of luck! Wink

Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2002, 08:29:43 PM »

But congratulations on the pass, this is my next exam, I have seen fravo and a few others study "aids" mentioned but isn't 218 a collection of all the core materials?

I have the MS press book for 218 and the correction links that were posted, did you use anything specific to study if you don't mind me asking?

:p

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2002, 09:16:13 PM »

Lexy:

This test was mainly a re-hash of everything that I had already studied and learned. I used the MS press book for 218, but only skimmed through it when I realized I had already covered all of the material acquiring previous certs. I did a lot of hands on excercises, mainly to review and refresh my memory. Then I reviewed my LearnKey CDs, 210 thru 217, and downloaded a couple of free test engines and took a few free online ones, like the free Cert21 online test, to get a feel for the exam.

This was an easy one. Honestly, I think I could have passed it easily the same day I passed the 216, though it was kind of fun to go back and review everything I had already learned. It made me realize how far I've come since I started this path!

This cert affords the opportunity for you to go back and hone your skills on any area you might have been a little weak on.

Best of luck to you! Wink

Sexy Lexy
Time to be bad
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2002, 07:33:47 AM »

Thanks for the information, it looks like I have an even busier couple of months ahead as 217, 219 and 218 mostly cover the same material.

What are you plans after finishing (Or if you have already finished) the MCSE?

thanks again

:p

Stewie: "I say, Rupert, this paste is quite delicious. It's almost worth the bowel obstruction."
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2002, 12:21:13 PM »

I haven't decided upon which direction I'll head when I finally finish. Right now, I'm kind of leaning toward the two SQL server certs and the MCDBA, but I'll do a revaluation when I reach that point and make a decision based upon its results.

Looks like you will be heading toward the CISCO route? Wink

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: