pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 11:56:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  boot up problem #2
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: boot up problem #2  (Read 202 times)
preacher37

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2002, 08:54:26 PM »

Went and looked at the computer from my other post today.  It would load up and stop at Verifying DMI Pool Data...and not load up any further.  Booted up with a boot disk and tried to fix the Master Boot Record when I got to the Sys C: command and it says Data Error reading Drive C Abort, Retry, Fail.  Tried running Scandisk and it says Cannot examine Drive C.  Tried to boot into Safe Mode but at first it wouldn't.  Went in and ran scanreg from boot disk and it said the registry was ok.  So loaded from a previous backup and it finally went into safe mode.  There was no conflicts in device manager or anything.  Eveytime I tried to open a program to see if they would work it gave that the program had a DLL error on every program with a different DLL file.  Any suggestions?
wicket
safe sex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2002, 02:36:32 AM »

Two things come to mind. A mangled partition or virus damage (or possibly both). Either way, I would slave the hd to another machine, backup whatever data is needed (possibly using data recovery software) and delete partition(s), reformat (including fdisk\mbr) and install os. Obviously you would want to scan any backed up data before transfering it back. Wink This could be many things but I suspect damage to the partition. I'm suggesting a method which will guarantee results and probably only take an hour or two to be 100% restored. Otherwise you might be spending days trying to figure it out. Good luck and don't let the puter win. Wink

Things are only as bad as you think they seem, and life is good.
darthw
Long Live Savatage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2002, 08:58:07 AM »

I would agree with Wicket.  Slave the drive, retrieve the data, then start from scratch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: