pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2017, 06:07:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-220
| | | |-+  2 2 OH and only one to go.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2 2 OH and only one to go.  (Read 2146 times)
jeff_j_black
that's what "THEY" said..

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2002, 07:00:02 PM »

Right on schedule, passed 220 today. Took 1 hour 15 minutes, including reviewing all answers. 40 questions, 5 cases. Over three hours is allowed. This was harder than 219, but I expected it to be, given the material.
You must be prepared for all the drop/place and connect questions. They make up a extremely large portion of the score. If you ace the multiple choice questions, that will not be enough to carry you.

I am going for the design tri-fecta! I will take 221 in two weeks.
KScheler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 11:25:26 PM »

Congrats on the pass, Jeff! You're just moving right along. So you think 220 is harder than 219? I debated for a while on which one to take as I only need 1 design test to take. According to MS, my Proxy 2.0 & Exchange 5.5 will carry over from my NT4 cert. I teach a class on both subjects. I'm preparing for 220 mainly because there's been so much emphasis on security lately. Thought it would look good on the resume if I ever have to change jobs. Still shooting for June 1, been real busy at work, semester ending, grading finals, and now getting prepared for the new semester that starts May 8. As if that isn't enough, I found out that the lady that taught our 215 classes got fired yesterday for excessive tardiness/absenses and I've been informed that I will also have to teach part of her load, at least until a replacement can be hired. Whew!
Good luck on 221!
cross36
Call me Cris

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 12:00:32 AM »

Congrads Jeff. Best with 221!

Riding the endless light of fortunes...

http://www.darkroads.com
Zaraspook

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2002, 12:02:12 AM »

Way to go Jeff! Wink

Due to financial problems, the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut down until further notice.
NetChild1985
RedHater

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 03:34:10 AM »

Well done!

Using a digital nervous system
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2002, 04:08:07 PM »

To KScheler...

I did not find the 219 particularly hard at all. Pretty much just read a couple chapters of the reskit and did a few free trial exam prep packages. If you have decent experience in Win2k enterprise (which you do!) 219 should be a walk. 220 had alot more place/drop and connect questions, that would really skew the scoring if you don't do well. From everything I've heard 219 is the way to go for the Design requirement. I pretty much feel that is true. Hang in there!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2002, 11:16:47 AM by jeff_j_black » Logged
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2002, 12:42:01 AM »

Jeff, did you use the Transcenders at all? If so, were they a close simulation of the difficulty of the real thing?

The reason I ask is that I've done 2 of them, and I actually passed the second one with an 856, the first time I've ever passed a Transcender on the first try. I am hoping that it is an indication that I'm ready to pass the real thing on Friday. Cheesy

I suppose that passing the 2 options and 4 cores through honest effort (rather than dumps or Troytechs) has given me a reasonable knowledge of simple network security?

Thanks, RD
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2002, 07:53:18 AM »

I used Transcender's trial version. I would also recommend the trial versions from uCertify.com and TechSkills.com. They were more indicative of the level of difficulty. The biggest issue is the volume of place/drop and connect questions. This will definitely skew the score if your not prepared.
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2002, 11:59:14 PM »

I failed the third Transcender with 786 (790 needed to pass). Certainly a lot better than I did when attempting for any of my earlier exams on the first try. I only hope I can get a similar score on Friday!

I've been getting close to full marks on the drop-and-connect questions on these practice exams. The places I lose points tend to be the "select all that apply" questions.

RD
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2002, 01:15:02 AM »

Those select-all are real confidence busters, but I expect if you do well on the drag-place, you should be alright. Keep pushing the practice exams, then take a day off before and just look over the real interface.
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2002, 02:35:10 AM »

I take it the free Transcender samples didn't have the drop-and-connect questions? The real ones do, and they have been extremely helpful in the past for me, because they demonstrate how to use the drop-and-connect properly; the real exam is a bad place to try and learn that!

RD
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2002, 08:59:58 PM »

I did the sample from uCertify and scored 818. Ironically, I did the best on the drop-and-connect and "choose all that apply". Smiley

I so want this over with! Smiley

RD
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2002, 07:11:44 PM »

Well, I squeaked through 70-220 today. I think I would have done a lot better to use the official Microsoft training guide instead of the Sybex book (I did buy a used copy of the MS book, but I did not work exhaustively through it).

The Transcenders are too superficial and leave a lot of material uncovered; the real exam has many more drag-and-connect-type questions, too.

Owell, at least I passed, and whether it's worth anything or not, I hold an MCSE Win2K.

RD
jeff_j_black

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2002, 08:00:29 PM »

Congrats, how far to go?
DivxGuy
Ex-Microsoftee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2002, 10:24:29 PM »

That's it - 70-220 was my last MCSE exam.

BTW thanks for pointing us to those free sample exams. They did have some of the types of questions present in the real exam that were missing on the Transcenders.

RD
« Last Edit: May 10, 2002, 10:31:06 PM by DivxGuy » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: