pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 09:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  16bit aplication and Multiple CPU.......?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 16bit aplication and Multiple CPU.......?  (Read 1211 times)
TheoBast

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2002, 05:09:17 AM »

Hi All! I can't figure out this one...Sad

Q: You are the desktop administrator for your company. All users in the network have Windows XP Professional computers. Users in the research department  have dual-processor computers.
Users in the research department report that when they run 16-bit Windows programs, their computer performance becomes very slow. You use system  monitor to monitor the users‘«÷ computers. You discover that when the users are running their 16-bit applications, one processor shows a sustained utilization of  more than 90 percent while the other processor only shows utilization of less than 10 percent.

You need to improve application performance for the users in the research department.
What should you do?

A. Configure each application to run in a separate memory space.
B. Configure each application to run in AboveNormal priority class.
C. For each application, set the compatibility mode to Windows 95.
D. Configure processor affinity for each application to allow it to run on both processors.

Theo
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 10:52:51 AM »

I would say A. Running in separate memory space means running in different NTVDMs -- NT Virtual Dos Machine.

An NTVDM is a win32 process, therefore if you start 2 of them, they will be load-balanced over your two CPUs.

If you start both apps in the same NTVDM, only one CPU will get the gig... makes sense?

Did you read 70-270 for freaks! today? Wink

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Theodor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2002, 03:20:31 PM »

I passed!!!  

I got the question about multiple CPU... but litle different:

Q. Emploees in graphic department use only 32bit applications. One application was designed for multiple CPU in Win 2000. They  got preformance problems... Solution...:

A. Create shortcut with "start/seperate"
B. Run in 2k mode
C. Upgrade BIOS - support APCI
D. Configure CPU affinity

I chose A

Theo
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2002, 03:44:46 PM »

awesome! Congrats Smiley

You chose the right answer as well! Start /separate is the command line way to start an app in a separate memory space.

Anybody knows what the other way is?

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
Teck Shark
Caffeine Fueled Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2002, 09:59:14 AM »

Originally posted by freak
awesome! Congrats Smiley

You chose the right answer as well! Start /separate is the command line way to start an app in a separate memory space.

Anybody knows what the other way is?

There is a registry hack that adds a "check-box" option to "run in a separate memory space"  when you click Start & then Run!:D

Tech Shark
MCSE 2000
MCSA 2000 Charter Member
A+, Net+

Words to Live by:
"No! Try not.  Do, or do not.  There is no try!"

Einstein's theory of relativity:
"Put your hands on a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Grab hold of a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second... it's all relative!"

Sound Advice:
"You shouldn't take life too seriously.  You'll never get out alive!"
freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2002, 10:01:23 AM »

bingo Smiley

iCertify dot net

InfoSecWeb.com
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: