pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 12:45:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  to use terminal service, or not to. That is the question...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: to use terminal service, or not to. That is the question...  (Read 719 times)
greenbean

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2002, 09:48:32 AM »

I apologize ahead of time for the long windedness...

I recently became the Systems Admin for a company that had NO network (well, if you consider peer to peer a network!).  The hardware/software was determined before I came aboard so I had no say in that. The company that sold the equipment gave us two compaq servers. One for exchange 2000 and one to be the file/print server as well as the terminal server. We have two remote locations besides the main office. The IT company tells me I should run terminal service on all remote machines because it will be quicker and better. But they didn't originally sell us the needed licenses for the applications (Office 2000). I called Microsoft to find out what I had to do to remain legal with their licenses, and they tell me that the best way to do this is to use the existing software on the machines and just log onto the domain instead of using terminal services. (all workstations came with Office 2000 or xp)

I would really appreciate any input as to which way is better - advantages/disadvantages of both ways. If I go terminal service, I have to purchase an additional 30 copies of Office 2k (says Microsoft - that's so unlike them).  Thanks!!

'Never argue with an idiot. They'll just beat you with experience.'
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 10:45:09 AM »

Cheesy Greenbean take a look at this document:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/server/help/sag_termsrv_topnode.htm

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: