pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 11:31:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-229
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-229  (Read 1185 times)
tequilatamm

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2002, 07:02:15 AM »

Anyone used cert21 to study for this?

I've been using Cert21 Online Practice Exams and Sybex (big mother) 750 page book.

I have concerns that some of the answers given on cert21 are not so accurate.

Anyone have any experience or advice here?

Taking the exam tomorrow....wish me luck (guess I'd better get back to my reviewing!)
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 07:17:08 AM »

Cheesy Good Luck on the exam tomorrow!!

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
tequilatamm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2002, 07:21:38 AM »

Thanks for your wishes!

Everyone I talk to says the first exam is the most difficult because you don't exactly know what to expect!

I also get the feeling that the actual exam isn't quite as hard as some of the practice exams if you've been studying a lot.

What's been your experience on that?
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2002, 07:31:09 AM »

Originally posted by tequilatamm Everyone I talk to says the first exam is the most difficult because you don't exactly know what to expect!

This is true about anything you do - remember that first day at school?

I also get the feeling that the actual exam isn't quite as hard as some of the practice exams if you've been studying a lot.

If you are well prepared then tests should not be a problem.  Some practice tests are harder than the actual tests and sometimes go further than the required basic knowledge required to pass - but this is good for you in the long run as you will have a better grasp of the material.

Cheesy Again Good Luck and I look forward to seeing your "I PASSED" post!!

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
tequilatamm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2002, 07:38:16 AM »

Fingers crossed.

But your support is in any case much appreciated, it's keeping my morale up.

Thanks again, and I'll do my best to find myself putting an "I passed!" up here tomorrow!
tequilatamm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2002, 03:10:52 AM »

Scored 636, needed 704.  Thus, failed.

I read the Sybex book on 70-229 and did all accompanying practice tests several times over.

Also bought Cert21 practice exams.

Let me just say that, while I learned a LOT of stuff I didn't know about SQL Server (I've been using it since v6.0, for about 5 years) the majority of subjects taught in both the Sybex book and Cert21 were NOT on my test!

I would say about 30% of my questions were about roles, groups and user permissions (the one subject I was not terribly confident in). These were the questions that let me down.

The other large majority of the test was on Transact SQL, which was easy.

NONE....I repeat...NONE of my questions pertained to XML and only perhaps one or two questions were about SQL_Variant, Table types and some of the other new items in SQL2000 that Microsoft and their training affiliates have been saying they would quizz heavily on in this test.

I feel as though I put in a good effort to actually LEARN something before taking this test, and that really all Microsoft wanted from me was my money.  It's very disappointing and discouraging.

I would suggest to anyone planning to take this or any other certification test...don't bother actually studying, just comb the forums, find out which online practice sites have a lot of actual test questions on them, and memorize those.  I bothered to study, and it was useless.  I won't make that mistake again.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: