pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 03:18:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Where are good ethical places to do practise exams?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Where are good ethical places to do practise exams?  (Read 1421 times)
anathema88

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2002, 10:46:01 AM »

All I heard about dumps so I went to one... Oh my god those people are cheating!!! Then I heard about Trancender, Troytech etc... Some say they are ok, and some say they are no better than dumps. My school gave me Selftest. So my question. Is it cheating to do practise exams? I think I have gotten as much info out of the books as possible and want to be sure of passing before i use up a voucher...
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 11:17:54 AM »

Cheesy I can understand your dilema when reading the dumps/cheet sheets etc threads on this forum.

Cheesy Self Test software was given to you as this is an authorised testing engine by the test vendors as official study material.

Cheesy As for cheating if you do practice exams no it is not - you must do it in school to see what stage you are at.

Cheesy If you stay away from the dumps and the cheat sheets I cannot see any harm in practice tests.

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
anathema88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 11:22:40 AM »

thanks!! You cleared up a few things for me...
Cheesy
PotatoHead
You can call me Spud

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2002, 01:29:46 PM »

As long as the practice test explains the right and wrong answers I dont consider it a braindump.

Peace Out
-=PotatoHead=-
     A+, CNA, MCP, MCSA, Net+
timmyq45

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2002, 10:17:44 AM »

I think that transcenders are all right, and several other options - my view is that most tests are not a true measure of what one needs to know.  And I am a teacher of networking, soon to be an MCT!!!

Idealism untempered by realism often does little to improve the world  - Niccolo Machiavelli
Piranha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2002, 06:53:58 PM »

I look at practice exams as something to complete the studies. Especially in the past Microsoft exams were filled with trick questions. I use the practice exams to learn how to read the wording of questions and get to know what I have to look for!

Transcenders or other ones (I haven't seen cheet sheets yet but I looked for them) I think help you to fill the gap between real life studies and the exams. I do not find it unethical to use them as long as you study the real material itself.

I do not use braindumps as I think you never know who that person was that wrote it down and I also think for myself that I want to know the stuff and not cheat.

Piranha

September 11, 2001
We will never forget!
United We Stand!
timmyq45

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2002, 09:02:57 PM »

I agree with piranha - I use the practice exams after I have reviewed and taken classes or cbts and studied my tail off - for example i studied 4-6 hours a day for four months for the cissp - balancing this around a fulltime job - family occasional teaching assignments and all the other fun things in life.  Alot of studying was done after 10 pm.  Oh and by the way there are no dumps for CISSP.  So use what you are comfortable with.

Idealism untempered by realism often does little to improve the world  - Niccolo Machiavelli
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: