pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 09:56:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-223 Win2K Clustering
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-223 Win2K Clustering  (Read 1264 times)
mwc

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2002, 11:36:50 AM »

Hi, I've used the Cert21 example exam for 70-223, but I disagree with the answer to the foll0owing question, because the share should be accessed using the fully qualified names and so the users will be going to the correct shares even though node is down. So I think the answer is to correct the NTFS permisions.

#2(70-223q170). You are the Cluster Server Administrator for your company. You are asked to create a new cluster. This new cluster:Must be composed of two existing file servers The file servers are named ServNorth and ServSouthEach server has four configured sharesEach share contains unique data The shares are:ServNorth sharesAdministrationHRAccountingGeneralServSouth sharesRecruitingITEngineeringGeneralYou install the cluster service on both servers. You migrate all of the data on ServNorth to a resource group that ServNorth owns. The resource group has the network name resource Fileserv01. You migrate all of the data on ServSouth to a resource group that ServSouth owns. The resources group has a network name resource of Fileserv2. In each group, you create a File Share resource and assign them share names that are identical to the original share names. After one month of operating without problems, you move all of the groups to ServSouth so that you can perform hardware maintenance tasks on ServNorth. Users who had been connected to the General share on Fileserv01 now report that they receive an "access denied" error message when they try to connect to the share by using the virtual server name. You want the users to retain access to their shares during failover. Which of the following should you do? A.   Use the Cluster Administrator to change the share name of one of the general file share resources. B.   Use the Cluster Administrator to enable shared subdirectories for both general file share resources. C.   Use Windows Explorer to change the share name of one of the General File Share resources. D.   Use Windows Explorer to modify the NTFS permissions on both General file share resources to allow the appropriate user access.    Special offer

Your answer is: DD. Use Windows Explorer to modify the NTFS permissions on both General file share resources to allow the appropriate user access.    correct Answer is AA. Use the Cluster Administrator to change the share name of one of the general file share resources.
Explanation: According to Microsoft: Administrators typically use Cluster Administrator to manage a server cluster. For custom resource types to be managed through Cluster Administrator, developers must provide Cluster Administrator extension DLLs for their custom resource types. If you try to administer the cluster from a remote workstation, the most common way to do so would be to use the network name you defined during the setup process as Cluster Name. This resource is located in the Cluster Group. Cluster Administrator needs to establish a connection using RPC. If the RPC service has failed on the cluster node that owns the Cluster Group, it will not be possible to connect through the Cluster Name or the name of the computer. Try to connect, instead, using the computer names of each cluster node. If this works, this indicates a problem with either the IP address or Network Name resources in the Cluster Group. There may also be a name resolution problem on the network that may prevent access through the Cluster Name.
dmini

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 10:59:41 AM »

I think the answer is B: classic case - you move the share & it doesnt work, because share permissions have got to be set up using cluster admin NOT explorer. Its taught on the course etc!
mwc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2002, 11:19:01 AM »

dmini have a look at the following, I got it from eDit on another froum and it explains the answer very well, it is A, change the share names, because of a underlying reliance on the old LanMan architecture thatr clustering still uses.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechN et/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/deploy/confeat/clustfp.asp

and read the section "Server Consolidation - scenario 1"

Thanks, for replying:-)
dmini

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2002, 01:51:43 PM »

That document has gone - I cant get it. I put the whole url together & removed the space but no luck?
but equally, if you look at q224967, it talks about if you share the folder through explorer it may fail, the reason I was told was that the share permissions wont move when it failed over - thats why there is a must on creation within Cluster administrator.

Maybe this is a dodgy question with about 3 possible reasons?
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2002, 02:14:54 PM »

You do realise that Windows 2000 clustering is the same as NT4 only with AD support...

BTW I have done both courses and I'd have to say what you spend 2-3 days learning you can learn in 30 minutes on a test system...

Yeti the Inquisitive Cheesy

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

http://www.yeti-gbr1.co.uk
http://www.ciscolabs.co.uk
dmini

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2002, 05:02:07 AM »

What AD support???
I must have missed that!
Do let me know - Im intrigued!
dmini

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2002, 04:37:51 PM »

Yes I agree with your answer - now Ive read it properly. Serves me right for not reading the question properly! Out of interest - for those who hate dumps, and companies like CS, but love examnotes practice tests, this question is a CS question as well- word for word. They dont agree with examnotes for the answer though - more with the educated crew such as MWC!

Did examnotes get it from CS - or the other way round? I wonder.......

No-one hammer me for using CS please - Ive just spent the last 6 weeks doing a clustering course, reading an additional clustering book plus every article of any dubious relevance on microsofts website, and building a very dodgy cluster at work to practise on (non-hcl but within my budget!). So IF I pass - which is by no means certain - I will have worked - and to a minor degree - earned my cert.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: