pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 17, 2017, 10:58:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Book Reviews
| | |-+  A+ book?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: A+ book?  (Read 6011 times)
Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2002, 06:46:01 PM »

TW2002:

Thank you.  Sorry if I seemed a little bit on the defensive but I've had a really rough day.  I working on some practice questions for a client and my kids got on my PC instead of their own, and deleted all of my personal files - so I'm starting at ground zero.

I need to put a lock on my office door!LOL

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
TW2001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2002, 07:26:02 PM »

Cheesy

You wont get wise with the sleep still in your eyes....
David13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2002, 06:05:22 AM »

I passed my A+ with some fancy score (you forget it after a year), and I'm a big fan of the Jean Andrews/Coriolis/Exam Prep book.  It's a little weak on Hardware and ancient history.  I used the Winn L. Rosch Hardware Bible for those, though it was never intended as an exam book.

robert.sibley1

View Profile
A+
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2002, 02:52:49 PM »

Im currently half way through my A+ course with Pitmans Training.   The book that was supplied with the course is the A+ cert. 3rd edtn by Microsoft , with the experience I allready have with computers I found it a little weak in most areas so to fill in the gaps I bought the best book on the market A+ cert. by Mick Meyers & Bigelows`s Troubleshooting,Maintaining & Repairing this book comes with a great CD with load of utilitys.
ihasham

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2002, 03:00:20 PM »

I am an A+ tutor and I recommend a book by Global Training Solutions (named GTS Website).

There are 2 books namely:
1. OS Support Skills
2. PC Hardware Support

Hope you pass in your exam.
huntja

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2002, 04:41:22 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Although I currently only hold an A+, I feel I do have something worthy to say about this.  You shouldn't just stick you head in a book or two and only come up to take a test.  Build yourself a computer.  Don't just read about how it works, but see it first hand.  Take it apart and put it back together.  Break it and fix it.  I learned more from this than I ever did from a book.  It only made the books come more alive.  As far as books go, I found the Upgrading and Repairing PC's to be a pretty good book.  But I still recommend that you put your hands on some computers and get them dirty.  the paper means nothing if you don't know how to use it.  And believe me, it'll show when you go to work.
David13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2002, 11:47:12 AM »

Originally posted by Paisleyskye
I need to put a lock on my office door!LOL

Or on your kids.

David.
A+, Network+, Incompetent Father Of Six.

Paisleyskye
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2002, 12:25:51 PM »

LOL:)

Peace Out!
Paisleyskye
sfled
Se??or Mambo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2002, 11:26:17 PM »

Originally posted by huntja
Hello Everyone,

...You shouldn't just stick you head in a book or two and only come up to take a test.  Build yourself a computer.  Don't just read about how it works, but see it first hand.  Take it apart and put it back together.  Break it and fix it.  I learned more from this than I ever did from a book...

That sounds like it works, thanks. I read the Scott Mueller, bought a Dell installed a few thingies. Next steps: Get a cast-off plain-vanilla P-II or III, break it down & rebuild it with new components, then get an A+ cert. prep. book (the Mike Meyers?), take some exams and, hopefully, pass the cert.

- Elvis has left the planet.
cm2gj
www.cm2gj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2002, 05:14:42 AM »

Yes, Mike Myers All in One Third Edition is a better book, you can found any Mcgraw & Hill 2002 A+ New Themes Book too...

Good Look

Best Regards
Alex
alexisgarcia72@hotmail.com
Cuban in Mexico
www.cm2gj.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: