pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 01:19:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-240
| | | |-+  70-240 test hints
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-240 test hints  (Read 731 times)
jrichker

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2001, 11:45:19 PM »

Some Hints on the 70-240 test‘«™

I took the 70-240 test, and like most of the rest of the folks, did not pass. However there are some interesting items that I can pass along to those who haven‘«÷t done it yet.

The test was 4 sections of about 25 questions each, and no do the function simulations. There were numerous exhibits that required you to drag and drop or place the crosshairs on the problem area.

The New Rider‘«÷s books that I used said that WINS is on its way out: the test had at least 4 questions that involved the use of WINS. One about push/pull partners and their updates, and several more about using WINS in a routed network.

Subnets and supernets were around, but as class B networks, not the C class networks that many of us have memorized the combinations of networks, nodes and subnet masks.

Routers played an important part in the questions, with part of the problem of passing TCP/IP functions like DHCP & DNS through them.  Filtering of ports to block/pass things like FTP, HTTP, etc. was also present. At least one of the questions was about using RIS in a network with the RIS server on one network segment connected to several segments with a router and why the other segments couldn‘«÷t see the RIS server.

RIS and other schemes for unattended installation were present in every section of the test but Network Infrastructure. Unattended installations of the Win2000 O/S with applications also appeared. ZAP files and Windows Installer files made their appearance as well.

Moving compressed files into different folders popped up, as did questions about mirrored drives and how to fix a system with a failed mirror drive.

The on thing I found disturbing was the lack of feedback: if you failed one section then you failed the test without ever knowing where you went wrong. Being notified that you failed a section could save you the pain of doing the remaining sections.

This isn‘«÷t much, but I hope it helps some of you.

When I started fixing computers in 1979, half of what I knew was obsolete every 18 months, and CPU clock speeds were 6MHZ. Now half of what I know is obsolete every 9 months and CPU clock speeds are 3500MHZ. Is there a link between the two that I missed? Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: