pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-218
| | |-+  Beta Feedback
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Beta Feedback  (Read 1485 times)
Mirthmantis

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2001, 10:31:55 AM »

Well people, I'm just back from the test centre and it's quite an exam.
I wouldn't say it was harder than any other but it's not a push over either !  It's on a par with 216 or 217 for difficulty.

Lots of DNS, DHCP and Routing questions. Some terminal server stuff and I got a lot of GPO related and AD questions too.  I got about 10 questions on IP configurations involving subnetting or routing.

A lot of it was basic admin, but the wording was such that it takes you ages to read and understand the question.
Someone stated elsewhere that the exhibits were difficult to understand - some are complex, so I jotted down key info and referred to that - it helped a lot.

It took me two and a half hours to complete it, and I'm not sure how I did.  I feel reasonably confident, but the usual Microsoft question format managed to mix me up more than once, so who knows ?

I had one question on the boot.ini configurations, which is a gift on an exam, believe me !  The trouble was, they had an entire file listed out in the question, and they listed 4 different variations as A,B,C,& D.  The question spanned a couple of pages and it was difficult to know which one was right - but only because you couldn't see it all !!

Good luck to everyone !

Final bit of advice - check out 70-240, but look at maintenance tasks rather than implementation topics.  The material comes from 210,215,216 & 217, so 240 should be useful.
vbrown

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2001, 07:13:35 PM »

Whoa...thanks for the feedback!:eek:

Things aren't what they seem, they are what they are...
ajleal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2001, 10:52:03 AM »

thanks a lot for the feedback
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2001, 06:46:11 PM »

Cheesy Thanks for the feed back - and early congratulations on your pass!!

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
patcar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2001, 10:06:51 AM »

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who spent 2.5 hours taking this test.  It really wore me out.  It's difficult to say if I passed.  I'm hoping I slid over the passing mark.

I think what made this test difficult was that I had no study guide, no practice test and no one's prior experience on what to focus on.  I felt pretty confident in my knowledge of the exam objectives, but once you start reading MS whacked out questions it just seems to confuse you.  It seems like they often put some twist on a situation and word it in a way that makes me unsure of myself.

I was very suprised to see a question that went something like this:  You need X number of host on your network.  Wich subnet mask should you use?  A, B, C, or D?  Better know how to subnet.  Fortunatley I had taken the CCNA a while back and had to strain my brain to remember the formula x^2-2=number of host.

I think the hardest part for me were the IIS questions.  It killed me that I admin IIS 5.0 and create virtual directories all the time at work but their dang questions were so confusing I found myself guessing on most of these.

Once the study guides and practice test come out I think it will be a very passible test. Good luck to you all!
wbafrank
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2001, 10:09:53 AM »

Cheesy Early congratulations on your pass!!

One Exam leads to another!  Where will it ever end?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: