pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 09:01:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  70-218
| | |-+  I'm signed up for the beta, any suggestions on how to prepare?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm signed up for the beta, any suggestions on how to prepare?  (Read 1546 times)
tj

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2001, 11:03:37 AM »

Well, I'm taking the test the 21st.  Had a hell of a time getting into a testing center.  Anybody know of some good techniques on how to prepare for this?  I am an MCSE 2k so I've done a bunch of studying on this type of stuff already, but obviously there are no books on this right now.  I'm also a technical trainer so I have studied the MOCs, but once again there are no MOCs on this.  I have picked up the study guide on this site, but once again if you know of anything else, I'd love to hear of it.  Thanks.

T.J. McDonald
Instructor
Linux+, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCSE NT 4.0, MCT, MCP, A+, I-net+, N+, CIW
hard_coder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2001, 03:23:06 PM »

Look at the objectives for 218 and look at the objectives for 216... they look very similar, except 218 is from a maintenance standpoint. If you know your stuff for 216, i don't foresee too much being different in the troubleshooting arena. Prob will have a lot of "You are the Administrator of a Windows 2000 Network..." type questions.
I 'bout got sick of reading "You are the Database Administrator of a SQL 2000 Server" or something along that phrase while taking the 228 test - i guess they figured i would forget during the test that i was taking the SQL 2K Admin test - who knows.
Anyways, good luck and let us know how it goes.
tj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2001, 03:42:38 PM »

Ahhhhh yes, I'm quite fond of the "you are a network administrator for Windows 2000" questions.

T.J. McDonald
Instructor
Linux+, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCSE NT 4.0, MCT, MCP, A+, I-net+, N+, CIW
moranz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2001, 04:08:30 AM »

be sure to read the MOCs its the best way to preaper yourself.
they will give you the whole pool of questions so you better know the w2k networks inside out during the beta.
DrNetDo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2001, 06:16:31 PM »

Grab a copy of the "Skills Being Measured" from http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-218.asp#SKILLS
Get a hold of Harry Brelsford's Windows NT Secrets Option Pack Edition, Alan
Carter's Windows 2000 MCSE,use web links to the Win2k ResKits and Technet's Howto's. I suspect that this exam won't be a re-hash of 70-210 or 70-215. IMHO The scope will more likely get heavier into Deployment,
Troubleshooting, and Configuring.

Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: