pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2017, 11:52:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-228 SQL Server Admin
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-228 SQL Server Admin  (Read 1630 times)
Ms^Pepsi

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2001, 06:58:41 AM »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has taken this exam and if they have any tips or suggestions on resources.  I am writing in a couple of weeks and buckling down to study now.  

Thanks
MsPepsi
MCSE NT/2000, MOUS Master Instructor, PMP, A+

BA,PMP,MOUS Master Instructor,
MCSE NT/2000 A+
Cisco_Kidd

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2001, 08:54:06 AM »

Originally posted by Ms^Pepsi
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has taken this exam and if they have any tips or suggestions on resources.  I am writing in a couple of weeks and buckling down to study now.  

Thanks
MsPepsi
MCSE NT/2000, MOUS Master Instructor, PMP, A+

Be very prepared I am also studying for this. There are a bunch of long tricky scenerios all over this one. It is known as the hardest of all the microsoft exams. My instructor that has has about 14 certifications said he thought he was ready for this one til he sat for it. you have to make a 680 he made a 660 talk about disappointment first time he didnt make it on the first try  and he has his MCSE CCNP and to many other to name but he says transcender should let you know if you are ready.

Cisco_Kidd
 CCNA, i-NET+, CIW
scotth

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2001, 10:09:30 AM »

This was a pretty easy exam. The company I work for splurged and sent me to the class. After working with it for three months I decided to study for 2 weeks then take it. Passed with a 9 something. Only missed like one or maybe two questions. The material from the class was all I studied with. Good luck.
stunner55

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2001, 12:57:43 PM »

not trying to be rude but the thread was started by asking for any suggested reference materials.  And these posts are about whether or not it is a hard exam.
Does anyone have any suggestions for study materials???
I myself have decided on Exam Cram books or Osbourne.  Because I have heard the the MSPress books are better for reference materials than preparing for exams.
Ms^Pepsi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2001, 01:49:02 PM »

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I have done a bit of research here at work, and everyone suggested the Study Guide by Sybex.  I am going to go with this book.  I also have the Cheet Sheets and am in the process of researching the answers for these questions as I study the book.

I also have the transcenders which I will use to gauge my knowledge when I believe I am getting to the point of understanding everything.

Any further suggestions are certainly appreciated.

BA,PMP,MOUS Master Instructor,
MCSE NT/2000 A+
SergeyTerekhov

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2001, 05:16:29 PM »

I think DTS should be the first thing for studying, next - Index tuning with QA and the last one - Replications. Anything else is very easy.

(passed MSDBA two months ago)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: