pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 09:47:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  mcse 2k vs. xp cert.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: mcse 2k vs. xp cert.  (Read 1431 times)
sid456

View Profile WWW
« on: October 17, 2001, 04:18:49 PM »

Since most businesses still stay with NT4 without upgrading to win 2k server and now M$ is really pushing win xp (offers substantial purchase discounts) to
businesses, do you think win 2k will be
quickly replaced by xp and win 2k will have a short shelf life? If that is true, I
think for MCSE NT4's, it is wiser to forget
mcse 2k totally and upgrade to xp cert.

Your opinion please!
rcwm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2001, 05:15:29 AM »

Hello All,

I am back from the December 2000 rush for the MCSE NT4 exam cram.

Thank GOD for examnotes.net!

Now, onto the subject at hand:  I have purchased all the books for the MCSE 2000, and have now sold them on ebay.  I am waiting for my Win XP Pro, from MS Press to arrive.

I am jumping straight to XP.  I am running it on all my PC's, and it seems to be holding together quite well.

I hope I am on the right track...

Regards,

Rob  mcse nt4
Wink
crazyska

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2001, 03:44:28 PM »

I am continuing with my MCSE 2000. I think the way you can figure it is: Win2K MCSE and the XP tests will be intergrated. Plus I thought it said on the MS website that even if you pass all of your XP tests that your Card will still say MCSE in 2000? I believe it is good to finish the 2000 track because xp is built on the foundation of 2000.

Ska

-----FIND *.SKA--------

MCP
anthonie
You may call me Semut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2001, 09:21:53 PM »

I'm already an MCSE on Windows 2000 so I probably won't be doing the XP Pro and .NET Server exams in the near future. Instead, I'm looking forward to the 218 exam which will give me another certification if I pass.

Rob, I'm sure you'll be on the right track since XP is going to be launch next week.

Ska, you're correct. You'll be certified as MCSE on Windows 2000 if you pass all exams purely on XP/.NET or purely on 2000 or combination of both. This is because Microsoft claims that XP Pro and .NET Server are built on the foundation of 2000, which was built on NT Technologies!?

Good luck to you guys out there who are going for MCSE on Windows 2000.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: