pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:08:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  Book Reviews
| | |-+  bcmsn by karen webb
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: bcmsn by karen webb  (Read 632 times)
mbeaver

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2001, 11:00:46 AM »

it got me through the exam but wasn't an easy read. The first time i read the chapters on multicast i was totally confused. After the fifth read it sank in.

Notes:
The test questions at the end were brief and not multi-choice. I didn't find them much use, nothing like the exam questions.

The labs at the end of each chapter take up a lot of the book and aren't much use without the kit. After reading through them once i never re-read those parts of the book.

The appendix at the end consists of the answers and a small switching architecture description section. So the actual amount of study material in the book is very small but concise and detail heavy.
There are a few errors but the one on page 301 is major, the ip address on the first paragraph should read 224.0.0.2 (all router group address) and not 224.0.0.1(all hosts).

Lastly, this books does not mention rmon and i had a question on it in the exam.

overall, i passed with 850/1000 so the book did it's job but it was a hard crawl due to the way this book was written.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: