pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2017, 01:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  Windows XP exams
| | |-+  Cool First Post
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cool First Post  (Read 1588 times)
Taqwus
Warrior-Poet

View Profile WWW
« on: September 06, 2001, 08:17:20 PM »

So. Does anyone have any study material for Win XP.
I have gotten a chance to use it and it was fun to play around with till I managed to delete the pagefile.sys somehow (The OS does not like this at all)

Help Fight Cancer by Joining the United Devices Wheel of Time Team at:
United Devices

If tommorrow never comes, How do we get out of today?Huh

Push to test, Release to detonate
relder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2001, 09:00:26 PM »

Surprised you were able to delete pagefile.sys when booted to XP.  This is virtual memory and you should have received a "cannot delete pagefile.  It's being used by a another person or program" error message.

The best study material at this point is Windows Help.  Might also try the Microsoft Knowledge Base.  Go through each article and try to apply it to your test machine.

Microsoft has 2272A_IMPLEMENTING_AND_SUPPORTING_MICROSOFT_WINDOWS_XP_PROFESSIONAL  and 2270A_UPDATING_SUPPORT_SKILLS_FROM_MICROSOFT_WINDOWS_NT_4.0_TO_MICROSOFT_WINDOWS_XP which may be available from your local CTEC.  Material has been available on the MCT secure site for some time now.

If you are very familiar with 2000, focus on the difference between the two and above all learn the GUI interface.

Rob Elder

slapyomoma

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2001, 04:16:56 PM »

there's not much literature out there now, but there should be a ton of stuff by the end of this month and the beginning of next month. Although I'm kind of excited about the new OS, i'm going to focus more on Linux. I'm only doing this (studying XP) to support our customers.

sym

sym
FreddyFlyer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2001, 06:42:04 PM »

The beta MOC is on the MCT secure site. It is available to MCTs. I looked at it an it is very similarly to the Win 2000 Pro MOC. Kind of looks like they only changed the names to XP. I have also reviewed the beta software, and besides looking something like a 6 year old would use, it has the touch and feel of Win 2000 Pro.

I am sure there is more under the hood. Unfortunately the graphics, which I am sure they paid a graphic artist big bucks to design, are very non-business. Luckily, you can change the look, Whew!

Aim High!

FreddyFlyer

Sometimes it helps to be good, other times it helps to be lucky. The best is being good and lucky at the same time.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: