pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 08:15:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-081 Exchange 5.5
| | | |-+  transender exams for exchange 5.5
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: transender exams for exchange 5.5  (Read 2137 times)
baggies2

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2001, 04:26:02 PM »

i've been banging away at mitch tulloch accelerated mcse study guide (not a sybex i know),  your exam notes (very usefull) and the 3 x transender tests for this exam.
My question is this...has anyone used these tests from transender and how close to the recent exam are they?
i've had trier, petri and transender to work with but i've found transender the most informing.
i feel quite confident and have been scoring 96% from 54 questions with 2 days to go to exam but no one in your forum lately has mentioned the transender exams.
how confident should i feel???

also i think one question is wrong within its test? basically i cant see any benefit of "increasing" the transfer timeout (or infact any of the mta values)...

any input on the above would be greatly appreciated...

many thanx

mark m (4xcore nt4  mcp)
AndyC
XML Spastic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2001, 03:39:13 PM »

Alright mate? If you are looking for questions that are close to the exam then I suggest the Sybex book. This really did the trick for me.........BTW are you from West Brom?HuhHuh...I'm from Birmingham originally

Andy C
CCNP, CCVP, CCDA, CQS (WLANSE, WLANFE, Unity Support, IPT Design, IPT Express , IPCC Express, IP Communications Express, CallManager Express), JNCIS-M #1027, JNCIS-FWV #311, F5CSE, CCSE NG, MCSE NT4/2K, MCSE:Messaging, ITIL, A+
baggies2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2001, 03:54:41 PM »

yup...i live in gt yarmouth now but i'm a paid up black country boy (dudley)..
haven't lived there since i was a lad but i still go to watch the albion occasionally and still write to the fanzine from time to time..

yeah sybex sound the ticket according to everyone but i'm doing exam tomorrow (wed 25th july)..feel pretty confident though having said that i took 3 attempts to get nt server enterprise right so you never know..

cheers

mark m

baggies1@hotmail.com
Cozy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2001, 09:24:04 PM »

Good Luck on tomorrows exam!  I'm aiming to take mine this Saturday, then it's on to 70-240 Accelerated (Proxy and Exchange count for two electives towards MCSE 2K) and one core after that.  Figured by the end of this year I could realistically complete those goals.  I'll be looking forward to see how you make out on tomorrows exam.

Webmaster
Founder of ExamNotes
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2001, 10:01:37 PM »

I took this exam over a year ago and I remember that Sybex book was the best for it and that Transcender did not even come close to what they were asking on the test.

Transcenders are not all that great for elective exams anyway, maybe only for Proxy exam.

Webmaster of this site and of
Cert21.com - no other practice exams get any closer to the real thing.
CertPortal.com - IT certification search engine.
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+
Cozy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2001, 07:19:52 AM »

I agree with you on the Transcenders.  When you used the Sybex Study Guide, did you use the CDs?  Were they helpful for practice questions or did you just go through the end of chapter review questions?  I haven't opened mine yet, although I just finished the book yesterday.

This time, for Exchange, I decided to use the Sybex Study Guide (3rd Edition) and Sybex Exam Notes.  After that I will use the TroyTec, Exam Notes (from this website), and Brain Buzz study guides.  Finally, I'll practice with Exam Essentials 5.5, and MeasureUP exam simulations.  Has anyone used the SmartForce CBT for this exam, and if so how useful was it?  

I would have liked the Sybex Study Guide to have included more hands on labs, but other than that the book was useful (although insipid at times).  I added a lab-rat to our existing network of computers in a practice lab with Exchange Server in a multi-organization configuration.  One instance of Exchange Server was already installed.  I would have been better off setting up just one organization with 2 sites (joining the existing organization and creating a new site).  Instead I created a new organization when I setup Exchange (as they recommended in the beginning of the book).  Because of that I couldn't practice with all of things I wanted to (such as site connector, ect).  I wanted to move my Exchange Server to the other pre-existing organization, but in order to do that I would have had to use the Move Server Wizard (MSW) included in SP4.  Soon, I realized that MSW was too much hassle and that it would be easier just to reinstall (which I didn't bother doing because all the labs Sybex had (which weren't many) didn't require such a configuration.

Webmaster
Founder of ExamNotes
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2001, 07:37:45 AM »

I did not use Sybex CD, only actual book and revew questions.

Go over scenarios in the chapters - they are the same as on the exam.

Webmaster of this site and of
Cert21.com - no other practice exams get any closer to the real thing.
CertPortal.com - IT certification search engine.
MCSE+I, CNA, A+, N+, I-NET+
baggies2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2001, 09:39:48 AM »

passed with 72% today..
i felt it was a tough exam but if you really knew the subject matter you weren't going to be to far away...afar as the trancenders tests i felt they came pretty close to the mark but you still needed to approach other question sets...
need to do one more elective for nt4 mcse but dont know which...
really want to finish and start on 2000mcse or ccna so i thought proxy server would be easy going...any thoughts???

another point..is it just me or does anyone else feel a little jarred that to do 70-240 accelerated exam you have to have passed nt workstation exam and not win95/98 exam as i did.  most of the companies i have worked for use win95 os over workstation even if they are using nt server anyway....
Cozy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2001, 12:26:16 PM »

Great to see you passed the 70-081 today.  I'm surprised to hear that Microsoft will not except W95/98 towards the accelerated.  Lucky for me, I did Workstation.  

I would recommend Proxy 2.0 (70-088), especially if your interested in learning about Reverse Proxying/Hosting, Server Proxying, Web Caching, Access Control, firewall security and more.  At first I was intimidated by it's complexity, but after learning the basics I've come to appreciate what it can do.  ISA (Internet Security & Acceleration) Server is the next step up and I think that once you learn Proxy, it's easier to learn ISA because of the many similarities.  

I have IIS 4 setup running WWW, and FTP services.  The thing is, I can only get 1 Static IP address from my ISP- Telocity DSL (Now DirecTV DSL).  MS Proxy 2 lets me use that 1 IP address for all my other Servers. I'm using Reverse Proxying for the Web Service (netpluscomputers.com), and Server Proxying for FTP (can't use Reverse Proxy with FTP) and Exchange Server 5.5.  I'm also utilizing Reverse Hosting for Outlook Web Access on my internal Web Server.  I setup a oneway trust where the proxy domain trusts my internal domain for better security.

I installed SP2 for Proxy (can't be done with Trial), but I'm having problems with DUN clients, RAS and Proxy.  My ISP charges me to make a dial-up connection through them since I have DSL.  So I figured I could just setup RAS (off proxy on internal network) so that I can use any client with a modem to dial into my own RAS Server and use Proxy for internet access (using my DSL connection). I've always read that when a client makes a connection with RAS it's just like it was connected directly to the network.  I'm using DHCP on the RAS Server, and it seems the only way I can get things to work is if I enable IP Forwarding (which is a Serious Security Risk), I shouldn't have to have the Winsock Proxy Client enabled on the client that's dialing up if all I want is internet access.  All I should have to do is type in the Proxy Servers IP and Port # in MSIE.  I can pull up internal websites but not external ones when I connect, and even more disturbing, I can't browse any network resources (IE.- Other computers, network shares), even with WSP client enabled.  It shouldn't be permissions, I'm logging in as Administrator, and I disabled Access Control, Packet Filtering, and any other advanced security.  Anyone have any ideas?

You can easily pass it in 2-3 weeks if you really study.  I have seven labrats networked together that I've been using.  Proxy is pretty straight forward to install, but you should defidently read on it first (one of the big mistakes I made).  I would recommend the book Proxy Server 2 by Sybex (ISBN: 0782121942), I also read Proxy Server 2.0 by IDG (easy read but not as comprehensive as the Sybex) Troy Tech Study Guide, Exam Notes Study notes, and Exam Essentials 5.5 (Exam Simulation). Make sure your brushed up on your TCP/IP skills (especially with subnetting), and defidently install Proxy Server for practice and labs. If you don't have the harware/resources- try to get your hands on the CBT by Smartforce for Proxy 2. I used all of the above and some additional online resources. I studied a week and passed the exam last month on the 23rd. The first 3/4 of the exam for me seemed extremely easy, I had more than enough time, and was carefully re-reading/marking any suspicious questions that I came across but towards the end they started throwing a lot of tcp/ip problems at me, and throwing some long scenario questions at me which caused me to race against the clock. Needless to say, they got me for being cocky! I passed but, I could have done much better If it weren't for me taking my sweet time trying to answer all the questions perfectly,- just answer what I know, make my best judgment- mark suspicious- and go back through towards the end.

Cozy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2001, 03:32:41 PM »

Ok, so I finished what I started, and as of Monday, I completed my MCSE by passing the 70-081.  It will be short lived however, as I prepare for the 70-240.  I went to the Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory Hot lab last night at TechTrain in Fort. Lauderdale, FL., where the instructor said that there is an 8-10% pass rate on the 70-240.

I picked up the Coriolis Exam Prep for Win2K Accelerated, along with all the Win2K Exam Cram's.  I have 7 lab rats running NT4 right now, and I'm going to add 3 anew to run MS "Beefy" 2K Server.  

Can anyone recommend extensive "Lab Prep" material (something like the MS Official Curriculum) that complements the MCSE 2K Exam preparation and provides ample "REAL WORLD", hand‘«÷s on experience?  

I have all the necessary h/w and s/w, but would like to stage practice labs to complement my learning/study efforts, AND to aid me in passing the 70-240.

The only problem I have with self-study is that Microsoft will only sell their official curriculum to Microsoft Certified Partners and CTECs.  Is there another company that provides similar MCP Approved Curriculum?   If so, where do I go, George???  

P.S.

Has anyone successfully used the SmartForce CBT for the MCSE 2K track (or Accelerated)?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: