pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 05:20:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-240
| | | |-+  Home Lab
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Home Lab  (Read 818 times)
AnyKey

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2001, 05:22:21 PM »

I think I'm going to set up a lab at home (wish I could put it in my car),anyway, because I think it would Really help me. All the machines at work are NT 4 so I need something. My question is how many computers would do the trick? One server, one or two workstations, an NT box, my 98 machine? Could I get away with one workstation for Professional and do you think I would need to have the NT box too? I'm going to shop around at pawn shops (a first) this weekend to see if I can find something that will work. Thanks! Do they have computers in pawn shops?
usnretired
Old Salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2001, 09:58:25 PM »

For a lab, you should have at least 2 pc's (dual boot server/pro on one for site replication, and server/pro on the other for applying policies, permissions, etc.)  They can be connected using a cross-over cable or an inexpensive hub.  
BTW, most of the pc's you will find in a pawn shop probably don't meet the hardware compatability list.

If you're not part of the solution, you're just another part of the problem.
AnyKey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2001, 08:08:23 AM »

Thanks for the advice. I've thought about the HCL problem and the minimum requiremnts too. So I'll be choosey! Maybe I'll get lucky, never been in a pawn shop before so I thought I'd check them out. I've already networked my 2 computers at home so I have hubs and cables, etc. I just want to keep them as they are and add to my little domain to learn Win 2K.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: