pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 05:09:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-240
| | | |-+  70-240 exam
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 70-240 exam  (Read 2544 times)
cook47

View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2001, 12:06:01 PM »

I read in one of the other Braindumps sites that  on the Sylvan Prometric site they have stated that Microsoft has changed the rules for the 70-240 exam and you can take it more than once. I find this hard to believe but can't verify this as the Sylvan Prometric site has been down for the last three days.
Gareth Leung

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2001, 12:23:59 PM »

Where did you get that info?? I can't find it in MS site nor Sylvan Prometric site.

Gareth Leung
MCSE+I, i-Net+,IT Project+, CIW Associate

Moderator of:
Freak's Forum
Paisleyskye's Forum
Gpearson's Forum
cook47

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2001, 12:36:50 PM »

Try http://www.mcsebraindumps.com/70-240/Kiwi_guy.php
Gareth Leung

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2001, 12:49:14 PM »

Stick to MS announcement for any information.

Gareth Leung
MCSE+I, i-Net+,IT Project+, CIW Associate

Moderator of:
Freak's Forum
Paisleyskye's Forum
Gpearson's Forum
mcp_mcse
New Generation Helper

View Profile
No
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2001, 02:16:05 PM »

Oh Cook,

i would stick to the basics. Don't take anything for granted unless and until Microsoft makes any announcements for it.

-Jack Perkins

Unal
Sith Lord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2001, 09:15:02 PM »

I rang Sylvan Pro and queried this. It is absolutely positively false information. You only sit 70-240 once (for free) if you pass you are a happy munchkin, if not you go to the start of the line...
Hope this helps!
Smiley Smiley Smiley

No matter how much you know today, You'll have to know more tomorrow!!!
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2001, 10:03:27 PM »

I suggest you read it again, the key point for the possible re-sit was "I logged a complaint at VUE and got second chance to attend the 240 exam." and nothing else...that is, if the Test center fail to provide adequate means to carry out the test and you complain...Then and only then would you be granted a resit!!!!!

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Yeti the Inquisitive Cheesy

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

http://www.yeti-gbr1.co.uk
http://www.ciscolabs.co.uk
Spitfire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2001, 07:13:45 PM »

Passed this monster this pm. Yippee!!

FYI  - used Technet, ExamCram and realworld hands-on as well as the cramnotes from here and Brainbuzz.

Few notes on the experience:

Many large chunks of the topics simply don't appear in the exam. Examples are Schema mangement, FSMOs and DFS.
This surprised me as I approached the end of the exam - blurry-eyed - with only a couple of Pro q's to pick thro. Even in 100 qs, big bits seem to be missing. But don't trust me on this - the time went so fast I can't remember too many of the qs.

The test is in 4 parts. But they don't fit together too well - PC presentation-wise. My PC hung up during the 'reconciliation' of the 1st test and refused to move onto the 2nd. Took 10mins for the envigilator to fix and get me back to the beginninig of the 2nd test- including redoing that pathetic Prometric survey - last thing you want to be doing then!.

That's 10 mins off the 4hr total.

After the 3rd section it did it again. This time I knew what to do so got them involved earlier and lost only 7 mins.

BUT when the 4th test appeared I had only 43 mins remaining on the counter in the top righthand corner!! - not the full 60 mins as specified in the introduction page.

So having told the envigilator its 'head down time' and get this thing done with!

Whilst I was racing to a skewed photofinish I was discreetly informed they had called Micro$haft's and their explicit policy is to NOT adjust the 70-240 under any circumstances. I am known at this test centre - I have presented Novell courses there in the past - so they wouldn't bullshit me.

Anyway it didn't much matter - 70-240 polished off with only 3hrs 43mins.

But beware the 4hr limit. Anything that disrupts this exam comes straight out of that 4hrs.

Yippee!!
Onwards and upwards.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
pattiiis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2001, 03:28:29 PM »

it's true. you only get the one shot at 70-240 and also it is only a pass/fail grade with no indicator of what sections you passed or failed in.  i am taking it in one week and will let you all know...
mcp_mcse
New Generation Helper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2001, 03:50:27 PM »

So i hope that it is now confirmed about the single attempt for 240. And yes, lemme know if there two or more......

pls mail me at Jack

Best Wishes
Jack

AndyC
XML Spastic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2001, 04:04:44 PM »

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............

Andy C
CCNP, CCVP, CCDA, CQS (WLANSE, WLANFE, Unity Support, IPT Design, IPT Express , IPCC Express, IP Communications Express, CallManager Express), JNCIS-M #1027, JNCIS-FWV #311, F5CSE, CCSE NG, MCSE NT4/2K, MCSE:Messaging, ITIL, A+
cty_9

View Profile
MI3
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2001, 06:02:48 AM »

Mission Impossible .....People like to joke...There is no such thing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: