pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 02:39:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-240
| | | |-+  Never again will I do anything like this!!!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Never again will I do anything like this!!!  (Read 1814 times)
AndyC
XML Spastic

View Profile WWW
« on: June 09, 2001, 10:12:35 AM »

Well, today was the day. I sat the monster and PASSED!!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it especially after Yeti failed, I thought that all hope had gone....I was wrong.

The exam itself is a nightmare (well I thought so), it was as much a test of mental endurance as it was technical knowledge. I honestly thought that I had failed the exam and when it came to the "End exam" button after 95 gruelling questions I immediately stood up and was about to walk out with my head hung low when it flashed up CONGRATULATIONS...blah, blah...

What a feeling; disbelief first and then relief, 5 months of hard graft with hands on, SYBEX Core four, Directory services design, Network Infrastructure Design (both Sybex), MS Press Core four, Syngress Accelerated guide, 2000 Professional Resource Kit and lots of white papers!!!

Ah well, onto N/W Infrastructure Design, Directory Service Design, Security Design, Exchange 2000 (design and the admin), ISA server and maybe, just maybe SQL. First things first though, 24 hours complete rest.

It can be done, if I can do it anyone with enough patience can do it.

Andy C
CCNP, CCVP, CCDA, CQS (WLANSE, WLANFE, Unity Support, IPT Design, IPT Express , IPCC Express, IP Communications Express, CallManager Express), JNCIS-M #1027, JNCIS-FWV #311, F5CSE, CCSE NG, MCSE NT4/2K, MCSE:Messaging, ITIL, A+
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2001, 10:54:18 AM »

Congratulations Andy.

Awsome work there..

GL with all the rest that your doing..

BTW I'm in the UK fancy teaming up to do the Exchange one or the SQL?

Yeti the Inquisitive Cheesy

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

http://www.yeti-gbr1.co.uk
http://www.ciscolabs.co.uk
AndyC
XML Spastic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2001, 11:18:41 AM »

Good idea mate. I am planning on doing Exchange in September as I am doing a CCNA course in August.

BTW how are your exams going?

Andy C
CCNP, CCVP, CCDA, CQS (WLANSE, WLANFE, Unity Support, IPT Design, IPT Express , IPCC Express, IP Communications Express, CallManager Express), JNCIS-M #1027, JNCIS-FWV #311, F5CSE, CCSE NG, MCSE NT4/2K, MCSE:Messaging, ITIL, A+
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2001, 12:04:25 PM »

Well I have 216/7 & 219 to do by the end of July and CCNA on saturday next week. After that I'm going to do Solaris in August and probably start either SQL or Exchange 2K in Sept...

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

AndyC
XML Spastic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2001, 12:22:44 PM »

It seems that we are both busy mate! By August I aim to complete 219, 221, possibly 028, 029. Then its onto Network+ (still thinking if I realy need it though), CCNA course and exam, Exchange (design and admin) in September, ISA in October and somewhere in between I plan on doing a couple of CNA's (4.11 and 5.1). I was toying with the idea of CNA 3.12 but I cannot find any exam specific info...do you have any?? We have Netware 3.12 and 5.1 at work and I think that it is fab.

If you have any material for 3.12 I may take a stab at it...do you have my e-mail??

Andy C
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2001, 12:28:25 PM »

Forget 3.12 go for 5.1 CNA....did you get my PM?

I have the Clarke Study Guides for 3.x, 4.x & 5.x...

freak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2001, 03:15:16 PM »

great job indeed Smiley

Freak, MA, M.Ed., Net+,I-Net+, Security+, CEH, CEI, CCA, CCNA, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE NT, MCSE 2K, MCT

iCertify dot net
: Free Forum, quizzes, study guides...

FreakNotes.com: free subnetting, DHCP, Network Security study guides! Also 120-page Security+ book and 100+ page Network+ book!

InfoSecWeb.com
AndyC
XML Spastic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2001, 01:40:08 AM »

Thanks Freak  :-)

The last few hours have been great not having to pick a book up and think 2k, but rest assured I will be back at it first thing tomorrow with the 219 and 221 studies.

Andy C
kang

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2001, 02:19:09 PM »

Hi AndyC,

I just thought that I would stop buy and wish you congratulations. I am relatively new to all this and have been wondering(if you have read my previous posts) whether or not it is possible for newer people without eons of experience to pass this thing. I am still not yet convinced if it is doable. However, seeing posts like yours certainly help encourage me. Although I suspect that you have probably got more time in the field under your belt than I do!

By the way, did you find the Sybex books to be good? The reviews I have seen seem to be less than stellar. Yet, that seems to be the case for most Win 2K books!!

Anyway, Congratulations again. I will try to use your victory as a motivator for myself. Time is really flying now and Dec. 31 is drawing nearer for sure. I hope that I can get it together.

Best of luck with your next endeavor!
ChinaYun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2001, 10:47:15 PM »

Congratulations!!!

I am from China.I am preparing for the 70-240.I also read the sybex books.I have passed the 219.I am afraid of the 240.I have read book for a long time.I will learn like your ways!

Thanks!

-------------------
MCSE(NT4),MCDBA

MCSE(NT4),MCDBA

Hi,I hope to make friends all over the world.
Gareth Leung

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2001, 07:54:28 AM »

Great job Andy, Congrats!! Cheesy

Gareth Leung
MCSE+I, i-Net+,IT Project+, CIW Associate

Moderator of:
Freak's Forum
Paisleyskye's Forum
Gpearson's Forum
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »