pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 18, 2017, 01:53:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  General discussions
| |-+  IT career women
| | |-+  Female Tecchie here
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Female Tecchie here  (Read 759 times)
Ladydraconia

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2001, 09:28:47 AM »

Nice to know there are other females out there- never thought it mattered who could do problem solving (male, female, neuter, pink, purple or other). Have found it tough sometimes in consulting- folks think I am my sub contractors secretary! Presently I am updating certs as I have been "out of the loop" for a couple of years following pregnancy and childbirth. Though certified in different telephony products, I'm MCP X 3 (working on MCSE) and working on CCNA as well. Found out being out 2 years on this business might as well be 20!
Pavlov
Old Timer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2001, 11:30:41 AM »

Welcome back to the swing Ladydraconia.  As a female techie, I was often greeted with kind words and excitement.  Often I heard "It sure is nice to see a woman in the computer room" or "It sure is nice to get help in a professional and educating fashion for a change".  You see, one of the things I try to do that usually sets me apart from my counterparts is TELL THE USER WHAT I'M DOING.  I know it seems obvious that you should, but I was amazed at how many techs don't tell the user what and/or why they are doing something on their computer.  If it's caused by user error I always take the extra time to explain to the user how to avoid the problem in the future or at least if it happens again, try doing this before you call the help desk type of scenarios.  It has seemed to make a difference.

The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between work and play.
---------------------------------------
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Ladydraconia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2001, 08:17:17 PM »

Thanks for the support!
Yes- I have found that many IT types are a little obtuse working with clients. Thanks for your insight.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: