ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  How passed this exam??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How passed this exam??  (Read 4655 times)
aespinosa56

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2002, 05:23:30 PM »

I want to know what is the real difficulty of this test.

thanks for comments.Cheesy
Spid
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2002, 08:40:02 AM »

This was the last exam I took in my NT4.0 track of exams.

It can be a tough little bugger of an exam and I would not take it lightly.  Remember, this exam is designed around a specific product and is 68 questions long.  That's a lot of questions on one specific product.

Here are some links to help you guide your studies:

http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-088.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/syllabi/836Cfinal.asp

Preparation materials I used were:

The MOC class for the 70-088 exam.

The Sybex book Proxy Server 2 Study Guide.  ISBN 0-7821-2194-2 I thought this was a pretty good book.

Transcenders practice exam for Proxt Server 2, which was pretty good too.

Hands on with the product in a test lab at my old job.  I looked for the evaluation copy, but Microsoft doesn't offer it anymore.

"I was planning to take over the world, but got distracted by something sparkly..."
Enforcer
Confusion Master
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2002, 07:21:59 AM »

I only passed this last month, to finish my MCSE NT4, took me two attempts, hands on and practice tests is what you need, there are lots of places on the net to help you. it was in searching for info about proxy 2.0 that brought me to this forum Smiley

Confusion Says :

If you wish to play mind games, make sure you have the prerequisite before you start.

Enforcer web site

Admin:
En4cer

BMW Carputers

Super M
leatharose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2002, 08:43:22 AM »

THis is the test that caused me greif.  

It was my last test for the NT4 track.  I passed every other test first try.  (And I took an extra test.)  This one took me 4 tries.  EEK.  

I kept missing it by one question.  Hands on experince helped.  I would take trancenders pratice tests and then look up the quetions I got wrong.  Then i would go to the server and try to simulate or see what the question was talking about.  

That method still took me 4 tries to get it right.  

I think honestly time #1 and 2 I was cocky.  I had done so well with the other tests that i did not take Proxy as seriously as I should have.

Time #3 I was intimidated.  I found myself so afraid of failing I could not focus durning the test.  

Time #4 I was well prepared and I just kept not letting the test get to me.  I kept reminding myself that I had taken and passed 6 tests first try.  That I had not had any classes to help me.  That I must be smart to get that far.  (After all most my friends had been talking about getting their MCSE for years and still had not taken test 1...)

Anyway my point is don't underestimate the test that was my first mistake.  Then don't overly freak that was my second mistake.

It is a hard test but really to some degree they all are.  If it was too easy to get your MCSE it would have no value at all.

Jennifer
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: