pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2017, 01:52:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  i took it yesterday
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: i took it yesterday  (Read 2595 times)
rg19

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2001, 11:31:08 AM »

i took the exam yesterday
and i passed it with 808
it wasnt to hard.
the questions were pretty easy

robert g.e-mail
  • A + , N+ , MCPx5

Rg's grandmother's daughter could be Rg's son's grandmother
SasiSan
Certifiable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2001, 11:44:38 AM »

Congratulations!!!  Not many taking this one anymore...

San...
MCSE, MCDBA, MCSD, MCT, MCP+I, CIWCI, i-Net+
http://www.SassySolutions.com
acoopmcp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2001, 02:03:25 PM »

Congrats!!!! I'm taking it in a couple of weeks.  Nice to know it's not that hard. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 25, 2001, 02:07:37 PM by acoopmcp » Logged
Spid
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2001, 03:42:50 PM »

Originally posted by acoopmcp
Congrats!!!! I'm taking it in a couple of weeks.  Nice to know it's not that hard. Smiley

Nice job rg19.

acoopmcp,  I would not underestimate this test, IMHO it was the most difficult for me out of any that I took, I scored over 933 on all my tests for the NT 4 MCSE track except this one (897).  It's a fair test, but long (68 questions) and fairly detailed.

Just my two cents.. good luck to you!

"I was planning to take over the world, but got distracted by something sparkly..."
acoopmcp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2001, 03:38:19 PM »

Originally posted by Spid

acoopmcp,  I would not underestimate this test...

Thanks for the advise.  I'm not going to underestimate this test.  I've read three books on it, taken count less practice exams and plan to install the trial and use it until I know it inside and out.

OR until the trial expires Smiley
Shard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2001, 07:55:37 PM »

Well done. Are you MCSE in NT4 now??

I will hopefully be taking this exam in a few weeks and hopefully I will pas:)Smiley
acoopmcp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2001, 10:59:55 PM »

Originally posted by Shard
Well done. Are you MCSE in NT4 now??

I will hopefully be taking this exam in a few weeks and hopefully I will pas:)Smiley

I'm not a MCSE yet but will be by the end of the summer.  Proxy server is one of the exams I need inorder to get the MCSE NT4 certification.  I'm taking the proxy exam either this weekend or next. I haven't decided yet.

Good luck on your exams.

acoopmcp
aardvark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2001, 06:05:04 AM »

Hi there

Can you help me with suggestions for study material with this one? What are the best books etc.?

Thanks

aardvark
acoopmcp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2001, 10:58:15 AM »

Originally posted by aardvark
Hi there

Can you help me with suggestions for study material with this one? What are the best books etc.?

Thanks

aardvark

Deciding what's best for you will be up to you to decide.  I personally have used Sybex supplemented with Exam Cram and any practice test I could find.  I started with Sybex because it was the recommend book for one of my certification classes.  I passed the exam for that class so I've stuck with Sybex ever since.  

Now that I do a lot of studying on my own, I tend to not rely on just one source for my information.  After reading a 500+ page study guide, I like to visit sites like this one which help me to understand the material more through exam notes, practice test, and forums.  Besides,  It's good to know that there are others out there who are going through the same thing that you are.

I would suggest reading exerpts from some of the books out there to get a feel for some of the many writing styles of authors.  When you find one that writes in such a way that you can understand and enjoy reading go for it.

Good luck!:)
acoopmcp
aardvark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2001, 02:42:19 PM »

Sounds like great advice! Thanks.

aardvark
shayne cook

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2001, 06:10:01 AM »

well done .

I am looking at taking this exam at the end of july.
currently building a test box at home and doing some reading....

has any one got any good reading material that they might like to share will me.

Cookie

MCP, CCA
Cozy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2001, 07:08:07 PM »

I would recommend the book Proxy Server 2 by Sybex (ISBN: 0782121942), I also read Proxy Server 2.0 by IDG (easy read but not as comprehensive as the Sybex) Troy Tech Study Guide, Exam Notes Study notes, and Exam Essentials 5.5 (Exam Simulation). Make sure your brushed up on your TCP/IP skills (especially with subnetting), and defidently install Proxy Server for practice and labs.  If you don't have the harware/resources- try to get your hands on the CBT by Smartforce for Proxy 2.  I used all of the above and some additional online resources.  I studied a week a passed the exam today.  The first 3/4 of the exam for me seemed extremely easy, I had more than enough time, and was carefully re-reading/marking any suspicious questions that I came across but towards the end they started throwing a lot of tcp/ip problems at me, and throwing some long required/optional result questions at me which caused me to race against the clock.  Needless to say they got me for being cocky! I passed but, I could have done much better If I weren't for me taking my sweet time trying to answer all the questions perfectly,- just answer what I know, make my best judgment- mark suspicious- and go back through towards the end.  

Well for me, it's on to Exchange Server 5.5, then Accelerated 70-240, and one last core.  

Where are you at on the ladder?

Steve

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: