pharaoh fortune slot
ExamNotes.net
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2017, 01:32:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ExamNotes.net
|-+  Microsoft (MCSE, MCSD, MOUS, MCAD)
| |-+  MCSE elective exams
| | |-+  70-088
| | | |-+  How difficult is Proxy exam??
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How difficult is Proxy exam??  (Read 1896 times)
MannyD

View Profile WWW
« on: May 08, 2001, 06:11:41 AM »

Hi All

I've been studying for about a month now for my final exam to get MCSE-NT. I would like to find out from previous candidates who have written (whether passed or failed ) on how they found the exam compared to say Enterprise or TCP/IP, I found these the hardest although my lowest score was for server(87). How much preparation did you guys put in and where can I go and find some short study guides after I read my Sybex book for the 3rd time.

Thanks in advance

CosmicM (A+)(Network+)(MCP*5)
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2001, 12:02:23 PM »

Ok I have done Proxy 2.0 and found it straight forward, I cannot compare it to the TCP/IP elective since I did Exchange 5.5. The trick with proxy is to use it I found (hands on) but I did have the advantage of using the product for some 2 yrs before I took the test.

Hovever if you are of the right mind set and have access to decent study guides (I reccommend the Sybex Exam Notes) and all the stuff on MS & Technet then you can do this one inside 2 weeks easy. Cadman did just that. Oh and EE5.5d

Hope this helps or drop me a line either trough my webpage or email or ICQ.....

Yet the Ever Helpful Cheesy

Yeti the Inquisitive Cheesy

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

http://www.yeti-gbr1.co.uk
http://www.ciscolabs.co.uk
kingsway4us

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2001, 02:22:27 PM »

I wrote the Core Four last summer, plus Proxy 2.0 and Exchange 5.5 in the fall.  Enterprise is the only exam I've had to re-do.  I pulled my hair out studying for Proxy for 5 weeks.  I had no hardware to play with.  The most help for me was the Exam Prep and  Transcenders.

Bottom line: Proxy's harder.

Russ
MCSE(NT,W2K), A+
Yeti-GBR1
A Complete Twit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2001, 02:23:49 PM »

You think so?...hmmm must have been the 2 yrs experience that made it easy for me Wink

Yeti the Inquisitive Cheesy

MCNE, MCSE(NT4), MCSE 2000, SCO ACE, LCP, Compaq ASE, CCNA, CCIE Wannabe (part of the Wannabe Boffin Club).

http://www.yeti-gbr1.co.uk
http://www.ciscolabs.co.uk
Aim2plez

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2001, 03:36:13 PM »

I found the TCP/IP exam straight forward and common sense. I passed it with no problems. I failed the proxy exam by 100 points. I used Cybex and hated it. I'm now using the exam prep and find the information to be more organized and the practice test seem to reflect actual exam questions better than cybex. Install the demo, you have to remember what options are on each tab.
This is my last test and its @#$% me off.
Ruckus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2001, 11:09:58 AM »

Hey, this isn't a easy test. I failed twice and found it to be harder then some of the others. I would not waste you time with any of the sybex books, transenders worked best for me and I didn't pass intill I used them. I also used the 192 questions from Cert21 not bad for twenty bucks. In less your one of those rare people who can pass every test with there eyes closed I would suggest diffiantly study for this one. Take care and good luck!
CampbellD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2001, 02:28:43 PM »

Hi All,

I have done 5 MCP test and have yet to miss one.  I took Exchange about 4 weeks ago and thought that Exchange was going to be the stumbling block, and taking Proxy would be easy,  you're all making me nervous.

Maybe i'd had better get the transenders books.

Damon Campbell (MCSE)
New Zealand
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: